Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I Luv for Golf 08 or similar

• 15-03-2010 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭

Have a Golf 08 and stadard radio does not have a jack in for I pod. Was going to get it installed but to pricey. So I know the fm transmitters are not the best but whats the I Luv car adapter. Are they any good.

Anyone got any other suggestions and not a car mechanic myself so wont be installing anything. So a good tansmitter or something similar I am looking for in short term

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

that looks pretty good might have to invest in one myself as will be looking for something similar for 06 accord soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Yes but does it work and whats the reception like that is the question :)

Anyone have one of these or even something better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I've tried a few and found them all pretty crap,the missus has her one in her car which isnt the worst.will dig out the make later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Better off with a plug in system. Tuners usually are dire. You'll thank yourself afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

EPM wrote: »
    Better off with a plug in system. Tuners usually are dire. You'll thank yourself afterwards.

Yeh is there any chance you know of a plug in system you could recommend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

I've one of these installed. Great device. The ipod goes into the glove box and it also charges it.

I've one of these installed. Great device. The ipod goes into the glove box and it also charges it.

Was looking at this but pricey to install. How do you control songs ie choosing which Album to play or do you have to have playlists

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Tech Overhaul

You setup 5 playlists named 1-5 and the radio with have buttons labelled cd1-cd6. So the cd1 button plays playlist 1. If you select cd6 it plays all the songs on your ipod. I just installed it myself after watching some tutorials online about it. But it's been a few years since i've done it. As far as I remember it wasn't that hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Yeh is there any chance you know of a plug in system you could recommend?

Parrot MKi9200. Perfect for iPod tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

its very easy to take out the radio out of a mk5 golf. you only need a t25 star head screw driver which can be got for a couple of euro in any motor factors 10mm spanner/socket and a plastic pry tool. use this guide http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-693.html
    to remove the radio. should be a hours work max for someone who never done anything like this before!
    hth

• Advertisement

Instead of getting a Transmitter any thoughts on a Radio for the Golf. Want one that will cover all as dont want a big gap as the Radio in Golf is quite large

Any good radios with Usb that anyone can recommend for a golf without having a gap / storage box underneatch it:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just wait for the next offer from aldi/lidl.
    Usually good stuff with usb/mp3/bluetooth/aux etc

Instead of getting a Transmitter any thoughts on a Radio for the Golf. Want one that will cover all as dont want a big gap as the Radio in Golf is quite large

Any good radios with Usb that anyone can recommend for a golf without having a gap / storage box underneatch it:rolleyes:
    you will need a double din stereo to fill the gap. pioneer do one that is a direct replacement for the mk5s http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/111/241/AVIC-F9110BT/index.html
    but they aint cheap!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

do you know how much these are?

try ebay but id say about e1100!!

Thats a bit expensive for me. Ok in the long term its better to get an Ipod link from back of Radio. But in the short term and that the fact that funds are low whats the best option for an fm transmitter for an itouch? Then when I win lotto I will get something better :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭brennarr

I would love to link my iPod/iPhone to my golf too.

Seen this on ebay but wondering would it be too difficult to install it myself as I have no experience at all at these sort of things

Seems like a great fuction to have

Would Parrot mki9200 work as may be able to get a discount in Halfords ?

Advertisement