Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solas on Saturday 13/03/10 Help Needed

Options
  • 15-03-2010 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi All

Got myself in a spot of bother in Solas on Wexford street on Saturday. It was about 3am when I went the bathroom and soon later I was picking myself up off the street with blood coming from my head. A lot of people came over and said the bouncers sent me crashing down a few stairs and again onto the ground outside. I have absolutely no memory of what took place from queuing for the toilet on the second floor to ending up outside.
    I know its a massive long shot, but if any of you were in Solas on saturday night and seen what happened could you let me know?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Moved to Dublin City forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Sorry to hear that OP. Hope you are OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

Was Solus any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 jdonagh

WindSock wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that OP. Hope you are OK.

Thanks, I'm fine just a little battered and bruised.
    I would just like to know what happened as it was a great night out but ending up in A & E was not the ideal way to end it :)
    If I done something stupid and deserved to be thrown out i'd take it on the chin but I just can't remember any agro at all :(

Winty wrote: »
    Was Solus any good?

Yeah it was! great night until the end. Ambulance for a taxi is never a good way to go!

• Advertisement

Glad to hear it started off well, sorry about the end

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Have you contacted Solas about it? What about your mates where were they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah contact the venue. The bouncers may have heard or they might have cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

How much did you have to drink? It sounds unusual that you would completely forget what would happen over a very short period of time?
    Maybe you just stumbled and fell down the stairs?

WindSock wrote: »
    Yeah contact the venue. The bouncers may have heard or they might have cameras.

I am going to give them a call and see what they have to say.
    panda100 wrote: »
    How much did you have to drink? It sounds unusual that you would completely forget what would happen over a very short period of time?

I had about 7 pints and 1 short. I was merry but not very drunk. I did receive a bad bang to the head and was out for a couple of minutes. A lot of people did come over and say the bouncers were way over the top. Three of them took my phone from me and put there numbers in as witnesses. If i was acting the arse I don't think people would have bothered coming over.
    I'm not the type to make a scene but I do feel I was handled rather roughly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

jdonagh wrote: »
    Three of them took my phone from me and put there numbers in as witnesses.

So why don't you call them??? :confused:

Hope you're ok btw.. sounds rough

I had about 7 pints and 1 short.
    the bouncers were way over the top.

How can you drink 7 pints and 1 shot and blame the bouncers???

Must be somebodys fault, just not yours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If you can't help the OP just leave it be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

What a ****ing ridiculous post. The OP is automatically to blame, despite what multiple witnesses say, cos he got drunk? Go away, sap.

nm wrote: »
    What a ****ing ridiculous post. The OP is automatically to blame, despite what multiple witnesses say, cos he got drunk? Go away, sap.

If I need a dig out moderating the forum I'll drop you a PM, in the mean time give it over. And calling someone a "sap" is likely to have you banned from here, so you can drop that crap too.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Go to a solicitor and get them to arrange to have the video copied under the Data Protection Act (its information about you). Act quickly in case its erased in the next few days.
    panda100 wrote: »
    Its perfectly normal for someone who has had a bang to the head to have memory loss.

Sorry guys I didn't what this to turn into an argument. I knew it was a long shot but I just thought I would try. The witnesses I have only seen me being "helped" out of the building but unfortunately did not see what happened to provoke such an reaction from the bouncers.

As I said earlier If i acted like a complete ape and brought this upon myself, I will suck it up and chalk it down as experience. But as far as I can remember I walked up the stairs to the toilet no problem and was not falling around drunk.

I am 33 years old and for the whole night ( from 8pm) was sitting at a table with 8 friends. It was a very easy going night out and I cannot remember one single incident that could have turned what was a great night into sour one.

I have contacted the Garda who took statements that night and am waiting a call back. Hopefully I can put this to bed soon.
    My only thought is how lucky I was, many people have had the same experience of banging their heads on the ground but not coming back. Say this was not my fault, should the person who done it be left alone to do it to someone else who maybe wont be able to get up?

Sorry guys I didn't what this to turn into an argument.

Other's turned it stupid, don't worry about them.

From experience working the door's I'd say your wasting your time with the Guards or employing a solicitor. The Guards won't care, and if the doorstaff were in the wrong any CCTV coverage will be long gone.

Other's turned it stupid, don't worry about them.

From experience working the door's I'd say your wasting your time with the Guards or employing a solicitor. The Guards won't care, and if the doorstaff were in the wrong any CCTV coverage will be long gone.

Thanks Amelia Damp Elevator, thats what I thought to be honest.

Advertisement