Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

History Essays

Options
  • 15-03-2010 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi, i'm in 5th year and i'm doing history for the LC. my teacher is a bit of a genius and has been teaching for a long time, so he doesn't really use a text book. nearly all of the stuff we take down in class is out of his head.

anyway, so far we have only written out about 5 essays, and i could probably write another 2 from stuff out of my copy. these are all from the 'sovereignty and partition' section of the course, and we have recently started the document based section over the last 2 weeks. i've a few questions...

are we behind or are we on schedule compared to everyone else? how many essays should we have covered for the section on sovereignty and partition?

for the document based question, the marks going for the short essay at the end are less than those going for the essays in the other sections. roughly how long should those essays be?

thanks for your help.

Comments

I wouldn't know if you're on schedule or not because my class is very s l o w, and I've no idea where we should be. However, it isn't exactly necessary to cover the entire course, although it'd be good to do for choice on the paper.

The contextualisation Q in the document study is 40 marks and should be 1.5-2 pages, depending on the size of your handwriting. If it's very small you'll get away with 1.

Advertisement