Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC>> p2p stopping http traffic???

• 15-03-2010 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Has anyone else on UPC noticed a stopstart service from upc while using a torrent client or any type of peer to peer application. At first I didn't put the two together but through a fluke I found that if you have a peer to peer app running, whether uploading or downloading, it nearly completely stopps any other traffic. ie. if your running torrent2, bittorrent etc, you can no longer browse, recieve emails, use skype or basically anything else.

I called their helpdesk, waited the usual lifetime to speak with somebody who could of course, do nothing for me. Provided me a premium rate number which I refuse to call. The issue is not with my setup. I have in total 3 computers. 2 running XP and one macbook pro. All refuse to allow me on to websites if I have any sort of peer to peer download/upload running. Is this just my a fault on my cablemodem which the tech support refuse to replace or has anybody else noticed the same or similar?
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement