Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quark Cheese - Where to buy or alternative plz?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Dublintigger

Hi Folks
    I found where you can by Quark cheese and by products - check out this website http://www.kilbegdairydelights.ie/stockists-distribution/stockists and the company lists a loads of suppliers!!

For a cheese nut like myself this is a good subsitute;)

:)

PS - have never seen it in Aldi or Lidl but googled it and there is a Polish version and its called Twarók; it comes in a red and white tub with a handle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Kilbeg Quark is in most Spars and Tescos.

nudger wrote: »
    Kilbeg Quark is in most Spars and Tescos.
    Never seen it in Tescos but thanks for that. Will be checking again today.

Tigger!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

Quark supply in Ireland has been an ongoing interest of mine over the last few years :D

It seems that by now it's much more widespread than 5 years ago or so. I've seen the Kilbeg Irish branded one in various Dunnes and Superquinns while I have also seen the Golden Acre one in Superquinn in Limerick, but not in Dublin for example. The difference between the two brands is the consistency, the Kilbeg one is a little softer and creamier, while the Golden Acre one is more crumbly and dryer which I personnally find a better consistency for a lot of recipes that I would be using quark for.

I'm always interested in reading about new sources of quark anyway :-)

• Advertisement

Hi Sunflower

Thanks for this - I found it yesterday in Dunnes in St Sephens Green and used it last night in the Slimming World Fish pie recipe. I was disappointed as the 'sauce' was very watery but the flavour was lovely.

Is there anyway I can thicken it up without gain calories/syns?

Tigger

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭tnethacker

You can get Kilbeg Quark and other Quarks from Dunnes in Cornelscourt. They always have it stocked.

Just decided to reply to this old thread if someone is still looking for it.

Advertisement