Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long after having baby can i horse ride?

Options
  • 15-03-2010 5:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi All,

Rode for about 12 yrs & between travelling & having my daughter I just didnt have the time to keep it up. Due my 2nd baby at the start of april & dying to get back in the saddle.. how long should I wait before getting back into it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

talk to your doc. from what i remember od discussing sports while preg or recovering the general rule is you can do whatever you normally do for most o fthe pregnancy and soon afterwards but new stuff you need to take slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Have a chat with your doctor or midwife or local nurse. They'd be in the best position to advise you. And it's not like it's a question that they'd never have heard before.

However, I assume it would vary from person to person, so if it's a case that they give you a rough date and you don't feel ready, then it's probably best to wait a little longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

agreed - the midwife should be able to guide you, I'd imagine it's only the same as doing other sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

I know someone who was back in the saddle and jumping after about 4 weeks.

Saying that, everyone's different!

Advertisement