Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Encore 24, Derry, 10th April - Street Fighter and more!

Options
  • 15-03-2010 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey guys, thought I'd post this up here.
    The Magee Core guys in Derry are running a 24hour gaming/anime/etc event on Saturday April 10th - Sunday April 11th (noon to noon) in the Uni building (directions etc in the website link below). As part of this we'll be running a Street Fighter 4 tournament + casuals over the course of the saturday afternoon.
    Entry to the event will be £5 until 10pm, £2 from 6pm-10pm or £10 for the whole 24 event, which also includes magic and yugioh, warhammer, dungeons and dragons plus anime screenings and more.

We also play Street Fighter 4 casuals as part of the weekly Core meetings every wednesday, anyone interested is more than welcome. More info, directions and discussion on the Magee Core forums at www.mageecore.com/

Any questions etc welcome

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Thanks for coming through on your promise and posting this :)

If I am in Ireland, I will do my upmost to make it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

SF? Anime? YuGiOh?

I'm there. How does one get transport from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Bus from Dublin to Derry should do it

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Hey Malchia, thanks for posting. Will do my best to make it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I'll definitely be there! Finally, somewhere close to play SF4!!! :D I may attend some of the Wednesday casuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Malchia

Leprekaun wrote: »
    I'll definitely be there! Finally, somewhere close to play SF4!!! :D I may attend some of the Wednesday casuals.

No reason not to man :p You could turn up one of the weeks before Encore and meet some of the regulars beforehand =]

Nice to see Leprechaun getting a bit more offline :)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, I migrated to the other end of the rainbow for a while :pac:

Small change to the running order, thanks to Uni screwing us over slightly. We're running over the 2 days, from 9am-10pm on BOTH Saturday 10th april and Sunday 11th april, instead of one 24hour session.

Sorry for the rather short notice but this only got confirmed tonight >_<

• Advertisement

When's the SF tournament Malchia?

I got lots on that weekend :/

Before we've run SF at around 7pm on Saturday as all the regulars normally get other tourneys and dinner etc out of the way before it

Here's a question tho: if you were gonna make the effort to still turn up, what time would suit best? Directed at anyone wanting to come, not just DooM :pac:

Edit: With the addition of some recent purchases we may run casuals of Garou and BlazBlue over the 2 days also. preliminary tournament scheduling looks like this:

Saturday-

Magic Draft
    YugiOh tournament

SF4
    Halo 3
    Mario Kart

Sunday-

Yugioh tournament (on the fly, numbers depending)

Tekken 6
    Brawl
    MW2

Expect this to change over the next 24hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Posted a link to your thing on our face book page too.

Tournament confirmations!

Saturday:
    Street Fighter 4: Division into groups of 4, play everyone in group, top 2 go to next until we have a winner (depending on numbers/time) £1. Impressive prize in celebration of SSF4. (Thanks WTF)
    Magic The Gathering: Draft Tournament. Worldwake/Zendikar. Swiss or Elimination (decided on day) £8
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Challenge: Only the fastest will survive! Time attack on 1-1, 2 slowest eliminated, then on to 1-2 until only one remains!
    Halo 3: Match specifics depending on what entrants prefer. Aiming for a 2v2 team battle tournament, depending on numbers. Usual 1v1 maps as backup.
    Super Smash Brothers Brawl: All Items No Foxes Rainbow Road. Top 1 from 4 groups goes into final fight, then top 2 into 1v1.
    Sunday:
    Tekken 6: The usual everyone-fights-everyone system. £1
    Mario Kart Wii: Win Race, receive prize. (GC Controllers / Wheel's Available) £1
    Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament:4 man groups, top 2 progressing to elimination til we have a winner. £1
    Left 4 Dead 2 Challenge:
    Are you a team player - only one prize available! The person with the most points wins, but you have to work as a team to survive...
    Gears Of War 2: 2v2 Splitscreen
    Anime Quiz!: 3 person team £3/team.
    Rhythm Action Hero: Duels in Guitar / DJ Hero / Rockband
    New Contenders in Freeplay:
    BlazBlue / Red Steel 2 / Battlefield BC2
    Plus all the usuals...and feel free to bring up your own games!
    (We have labels)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

No Fox in Brawl?

I know some tournies have Meta Knight banned, but Fox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

No Fox in Brawl?

I know some tournies have Meta Knight banned, but Fox?

Indeed, I gave up on Brawl a long time ago but last I remember he was mid tier at best whereas MK was Sagat with wings.

Never play Brawl (no interest in it) so don't have any opinion on it :p

Just after remembering this.

If I was to get to this it'd need to be over early enough so I could catch a bus home...

Never mind. Something's come up, stuck in Dublin anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Am considering going to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

aww... i was going to go up to Dublin tomorrow for XGC casuals, but Derry is just too far :(. sounds awesome though, i love me some SF and anime

will anyone be at the XGC tomorrow, or will i just wait until next week?

Just had a look at the bus timetable - latest I can stay is around 8:45 because the last bus leaves at nine.

mr_kyle (Zangief) won this, beating Derry player Grave (Zangief) in the final. Giefamania running wild, comrade!

EDIT: A pic of the finalists:

fghsgsdgrf.jpg

I came 4th, by the way.

Wow, turns out Russian wrestling is number one.

any vids?

As far as I can tell there are none.

Advertisement