Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem slaving 2 units together!

• 15-03-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 180 ✭✭

I've got 2 systems, a Sony MHC 2700 with the stock speakers it came with and a marantz sr4200 I just got powering some Bose 301's.

I'm trying to get the 2 systems to play the same source by going into one of the in's, then using that channels out to an input on the other amp. However I'm not really getting any signal from the outs off either amp. Which ever amp I hit with the signal first works, but the other wont.
    I've tried going into different channels on both amps and going from the correct outs, eg if I'm using video in I'm using video out to power the other.
    I've tried using different phono cables and it made no difference.
    I'm getting a small bit of bleed of the signal but its not much and mostly noise.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Both of the systems are workintg perfectly on their own. I can't see why the outs aren't working. I've read both manuals and neither contains anything useful about the matter. I also find it unlikely that the line outs are busted on both units which are in perfect working order otherwise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭gsp119

just a guess but if you are taking the audio out from sys 1 trough the aux out - what you are doing is sending the audio to sys 2 - aux in
    you can't use the aux out as a slave out -
    different amp required - slave amp
    :)

Advertisement