Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

feeding potatoes

• 15-03-2010 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭

anyone ever done this, i have 5 blue cows that i want to push into weight,going to feed spuds and i want to know what would be a good balance/complement feed with them, can they be fed adlib .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

leg wax wrote: »
    anyone ever done this, i have 5 blue cows that i want to push into weight,going to feed spuds and i want to know what would be a good balance/complement feed with them, can they be fed adlib .

Would there not be a danger of them choking on them? Or do you chop them before hand to a certain size?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

Would there not be a danger of them choking on them? Or do you chop them before hand to a certain size?
    chop them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭adne

they love them deep fried with a little molasses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭farmerjack

Ive fed up to 10 kilos of spuds a day to young bulls without chopping them never had a problem, just make sure not to disturb them while there feeding so they keep head down while eating. I fed them with a citrus/soya/barley balancer, with the cows you could probably lose the soya though. Make sure they have plenty of long fibre ad lib also(straw, unchopped silage). Spuds are super feeding if you can maintain a supply

Advertisement