Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quiet, peaceful places in Carlow?

Options
  • 15-03-2010 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for somewhere to take a walk in Carlow. I've tried the town park and the Barrow track. They're nice enough places but there's usually kids and teenagers hanging around making nuisances of themselves and shouting abuse at me. Is there anywhere else I could go for a nice walk? Preferably somewhere green and scenic where there isn't too many people, or at least not many people vandalising everything in sight and shouting abuse. I'd also like somewhere within walking distance of the town as I don't have any form of transport apart from my legs.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Oakpark is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Oakpark is lovely.

Thanks. I might have a stroll through there next time I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Call into the gardens in the Delta centre. I've never been there but apparently it's quite tranquil.
    The Delta Sensory Gardens are Carlow’s best-kept secret and an Oasis of Peace, Beauty and Tranquillity for all to enjoy.
    http://www.carlowgardentrail.com/delta_sensory_gdns.htm

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

It's Daffodil week at the Delta centre,it is especially lovely this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ShotgunBoy

The top of the carpark where to Royal Hotel used to be is really nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Warrior011

the part of the barrow track out by Milford, you can go out and walk down by the lock gates etc

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭emick

people vandalising everything in sight and shouting abuse.

I am guessing that you are not a big fan of Carlow, are ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Brownshill also seems a popular walking spot. Even includes a nice hill climb to test the legs :)
    But most of the athletes around run up Brownshill as part of their training, so depending how fit you are might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Even if only once, and yes i've noted you said you have no transport, but if you could get to mount leinster and walk up and look down on carlow, I can guarantee you from personal experience there is no place to rival it for the WOW factor on a clear dry day just sitting there surveying the townlands. If its a quiet peaceful and tranquil place you're looking for it has it in abundance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Up around Ducketts Grove is nice area and landscape:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Altamount Gardens past Ballon http://www.altamontgarden.com/
    Castlecomer Discovery Park http://www.discoverypark.ie/

Advertisement