Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you get to ballycotton from Dublin?

Options
  • 15-03-2010 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Im doing the Ballycotton 10 mile race on sunday(21st march)and my transportation plans have fallen through. So now I have to go by public transport. Does anybody know how I could get to ballycotton from dublin by public transport?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

The Dublin-Cork journey would be easy via either the bus or train, and you could get it pretty cheap booking online if your travel time is flexible.

Unfortunately once you're in Cork, your options are limited. Ballycotton only has a bus service Mon-Sat. There are occasional buses and trains to Midleton (nearest big town) on Sunday, but you would need to get a taxi from there.

However, it has to be said that the running types are very good to give lifts to each other. I remember several years my dad picked guys up on the Cloyne/Whitegate road near Midleton who couldn't get any further under their own steam. You might even try posting in the Athletics Events and Cork City forums to see if anyone could help you out there. It's only about an 8 mile journey, so it's not a huge imposition for someone going that way already. There's a thread about the Ballycotton 10 here already.

Also, be warned that the traffic here is mental on the day, so give yourself loads of time for that last bit from Midleton onwards. You'll be coming into the town along the race route so there are serious restrictions on car access and parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

The Dublin-Cork journey would be easy via either the bus or train, and you could get it pretty cheap booking online if your travel time is flexible.

Unfortunately once you're in Cork, your options are limited. Ballycotton only has a bus service Mon-Sat. There are occasional buses and trains to Midleton (nearest big town) on Sunday, but you would need to get a taxi from there.

However, it has to be said that the running types are very good to give lifts to each other. I remember several years my dad picked guys up on the Cloyne/Whitegate road near Midleton who couldn't get any further under their own steam. You might even try posting in the Athletics Events and Cork City forums to see if anyone could help you out there. It's only about an 8 mile journey, so it's not a huge imposition for someone going that way already. There's a thread about the Ballycotton 10 here already.

Also, be warned that the traffic here is mental on the day, so give yourself loads of time for that last bit from Midleton onwards. You'll be coming into the town along the race route so there are serious restrictions on car access and parking.

Thats brilliant, thanks a million LilMrsDahamsta, really appreciate the reply.

Advertisement