Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 False Marketing

• 15-03-2010 7:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey all..

I was just wondering if any of you had taken out any smartphones lately from o2. I buying the HTC HD2 and have to take out the Advanced Price Plan. There is a special offer Unlimited Data that goes with it.

Basically it says unlimited but there is a 3GB limit under the so called fair use policy which was in fine print not very visible. Don't really think they are so desperate to mislead the public with false marketing but anyways..

Does any of you have unlimited data running on their phones? Can you tell me you have used up more than 3GB per month easily and what happend after that? Did they bill you too much??

I just don't want to end up paying unreasonable amounts. I'd be safer with an AddOn for 10 or 15 GB..

btw. can they mislead like that? say its unlimited when in theory its' not?

Thanks

Suz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

3gig is loads for a phone, unless you're doing a massive amount of video streaming. I barely use 400 a month on my iPhone and I use it a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Suzzyta

Are you using skype and other communication apps as well??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

The fair usage limit has to be there. This is to prevent the system being abused. I can assure you that if you are going to be charged for exceeding the 3GB limit you will be contacted in advance. This will be done by phonecall or text.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Everyone understands why there has to be limits, but not call tariffs Mega or Giant or something instead of Unlimited?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Suzzyta wrote: »

btw. can they mislead like that? say its unlimited when in theory its' not?

Its not just o2, companies offering similar products are the same even for actual broadband like the UPC/ntl plans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Its complete bull from O2. They are at it for months and it makes me sick to be honest. 3GB is NOT unlimited. To say it is is a lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

welcome to 11ty years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

The reason why O2 call it unlimited is because it looks the same as the other mobile operators unlimited packages but there's a massive difference in the fair usage amounts.

I wouldn't call 100MB a day unlimited. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,241 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Suzzyta wrote: »
    have to take out the Advanced Price Plan. There is a special offer Unlimited Data that goes with it.

You don't have to do anything only shop around for the best offer;).

Unlimited is unlimited calling it any different is misleading, 150 texts and 150 minutes isn't much for forty euro, 1GB of internet is loads on a phone, what do you intend using the phone for?

HTC HD2 is a nice phone but it's big, There's a lot of new phones due in the little while including the HERO Legend & Desire, I wouldn't be in a rush to join the unlimited plan, it sound a bit well? Limited?

I saw o2 mobile midband and a midband router advertised as "Home Broadband" last week, I nearly fell over.

Advertisement