Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeding a crowd- help please

Options
  • 15-03-2010 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭

I've got a big birthday on Good Friday. The plan is to have an open house from about 3pm onwards. Drop in for an hour and stay for 10 type of thing. We have invited about 60 but some friends will be away for Easter. Not too sure how many will turn up but they will need to be fed. I thought of various nice savoury nibbles throughout the day, with the bbq on the go as well. I will make a vegetarian lasagne and salad for any devout catholics. I can make the lasagne next week and freeze it. The nibbles I can do that morning. Someone else is looking after the bbq.

I might have 40 people here late in the evening. I was thinking of making a Thai green curry to serve about 9pm. Does anyone have a nice simple recipe please. I want to have as much as possible prepared in advance.Can I make this the day before and reheat it ? What sort of quantities would I need for 40 people. Thanks in advance everyone.

Advertisement