Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Are there any good Xbox 360 offers at the moment?

• 15-03-2010 8:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

My last 360 had a graphics card (or processor - not sure) failure according to the guy i brought it to, to fix.

I miss playing MW2 and am looking at purchasing a new console.

Does anyone know of any gamestop or xtravision (or elsewhere)
    deals on new consoles at the moment?

Would you get a new 360 for under 200 quid for example?

(ma based in Kildare)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

HMV had the basic model xbox 360 for sale recently at 129 euro might be worth getting especially if you have your old hard drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

Game on Dawson street, do a deal for 90 euro where you get memory add on, headset and online membership for at least a month good for loading expansion packs. don't know if theyre still doing the deal though, but worth checking them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 axxxo

you could also try the likes of gamestop and smyths for a second hand one.
    Was it the green screen of death you got on your xbox or 3 red lights (rrod)? Sometimes you get the green screen then shortly afterward the rrod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

you could get a basic elite package (just the console) For around 200e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

panama wrote: »
    My last 360 had a graphics card (or processor - not sure) failure according to the guy i brought it to, to fix.

I miss playing MW2 and am looking at purchasing a new console.

Does anyone know of any gamestop or xtravision (or elsewhere)
    deals on new consoles at the moment?

Would you get a new 360 for under 200 quid for example?

Presume you just need an arcade, as you already have the hard drive from the old console? GAME/Gamestop were selling arcades for €130 last month. Not sure if it was a short term offer.
    panama wrote: »
    (ma based in Kildare)

She advertisin'? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Thanks for the replies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

If your interested i'm selling one at the minute..

See sig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

techguy wrote: »
    If your interested i'm selling one at the minute..

See sig.

I'm dubious as to whether that's really a new console. The sticker says "Service Date" and not "Manufacturing Date" like it does on new consoles bought in a shop. I'm under the impression that it may be a refurbished console with only 3 months warranty.

Well it just came back from MS after I sent in a RROD console.

It's a brand new replacement even smells new. I also have pics of the rear of both consoles showing the different serials.. Also, what about the letter I got with it that says "Replacement of your xbox console"

While I don't know much about these xboxes and what your saying might be correct. I am pretty sure it's a brand new box and I am acting completely honestly.

Also I didn't advertise anything about warranty so why are you bringing that up? Most second hand [anything] is usually out of warranty and if this has 3 months-12 months then its a bonus.

I think the asking price is pretty fair also..

EDIT: Well spotted that the sticker says Service date and not MFR date. Either way This thing seems pretty damn new to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

techguy wrote: »
    Well it just came back from MS after I sent in a RROD console.

It's a brand new replacement even smells new. I also have pics of the rear of both consoles showing the different serials.. Also, what about the letter I got with it that says "Replacement of your xbox console"

While I don't know much about these xboxes and what your saying might be correct. I am pretty sure it's a brand new box and I am acting completely honestly.

Also I didn't advertise anything about warranty so why are you bringing that up? Most second hand [anything] is usually out of warranty and if this has 3 months-12 months then its a bonus.

I think the asking price is pretty fair also..

EDIT: Well spotted that the sticker says Service date and not MFR date. Either way This thing seems pretty damn new to me.

I'm just saying that you can't really sell it as Brand New in Box unless the item really is brand new and comes in a box with the 360 logo on it. Brand new isn't the same as refurbished, that's why manufacturers always differentiate. The letter doesn't say new on it, I believe it says they're giving you a replacement console.

I would expect a BNIB console to come with the standard 12 month warranty, but these replacements only usually come with 90 days.

I would expect a BNIB console to come unregistered - that is if I ring up MS for a repair and they ask for the serial number of the console they will register it to my name and address. They won't be able to do this straight off with your console because part of the replacement process involves registering the console to your name and address. So if you sell this, and somebody buys it, and then it breaks and they want to get it repaired they will need to have your name and address to hand in order to re-register it under their name, which must be done before they can get it repaired.

You're not advertising a second hand console, you're advertising a BNIB one on adverts, with a link from your signature titled "Brand spanking new xbox 360" :)

I think it'd be fairer now you know more about the console you're selling if you change your advert to reflect this, including the addition of warranty information, just to cover yourself and give your potential buyers that little bit more information ;)

Also, I'm not going to threadspoil but €120 for a refurb is a bit much, €130 brand new from Argos.

• Advertisement

Thats fair enough.. you make some valid points.

I know absolutely nothing about xboxes and thought I was correct in the ad.

I'll amend the ad soon..thanks.

So i've fixed the ad and lowered the price.

This is priced to sell so if anybodys interested just make me an offer and we'll see what we can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Silver Shark

My son just bought xbox 360 elite with 120gb hard drive today in Argos for €224 (€25 off) as his had 3 red lights of death on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Airsoft_Invent

i bought a new xbox 360 elite with 2 new games of choice and free shippingfrom Amazon.co.uk for £200 at CHristmas

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭mooman

HMV have an elite with a wireless entertainment pack and a game for €220. My old xbox broke too and after selling it to a guy who fixes them and selling the stuff I got with the new one, I ended up paying €70 for the new xbox:D

Advertisement