Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCHG / NUIG to Renmore / Mervue / Lisoban

Options
  • 15-03-2010 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Hello. I'm hoping someone may be able to help. I'm looking for the best way to get from UCHG / NUIG / Newcastle area to the other side of the city ie Renmore / Mervue / Lisoban / Tuam rd.

I've reviewed the transport website and there are public buses listed although they rarely every arrive and always stop in eyre square where you've gotta wait and grab another so its taking to much time.

Does anyone know any private operators that travel from the above listed across town about 6pm every day ?

http://www.galwaytransport.info

Comments

How mobile are you?

You could walk it, not sure how long it would take.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Bicycle or moped perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

There are some private buses that go from the Cathedral bus stop via GFSC, Wellpark etc, but I'm pretty sure that they're not allowed to drop off inside the city (could be wrong ... it's never got to top of my list of things to follow up). And they may leave earlier than you're looking for. Links are all from the Regional Buses page.

Other than that, Bus Éireann is the only option. As you say, that route's not always running according to the timetable, especially at peak time when traffic is worst. One some services, you can get on a route 2D/2D on it's way back in to town and stay on as it goes thru Eyre Square and becomes a 4E. But not always.

I'd advise walking from UCHG (etc) to Eyre Square, and grabbing a bus from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

cycle it - takes your average couch potato (aka me) about 20 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

JustMary wrote: »
    I'd advise walking from UCHG (etc) to Eyre Square, and grabbing a bus from there.

Agree with Mary. I personally would walk to Eyre Square and get a bus from there.

If you're going to Liosban Industrial estate or the Tuam road near town it might actually be quicker to walk the whole way than get a bus..

The 5 bus while go through Eyre Square and onto Ballybane. Certainly some of the stops along this route would be within reasonable walking distance to Mervue and parts of Renmore.
    The number 5 bus serves UCHG/NUIG (there's a stop on University road).

Timetable for the No. 5 departing Rahoon. All buses continue through Eyre Sq and onto Ballybane except thos marked with an X on the timetable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement