Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Math Entry Requirements for PLC Courses

Options
  • 15-03-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭

Does anybody have accurate knowledge on this. I tutor math and I met a new student this weekend whose pre-results were essentially NG on paper 1 and she didn't sit paper 2.

I asked her had she considered doing Foundation maths but she said she didn't think it would suffice for her PLC (jouralism I think). Ability is not the problem with her - she missed alot of school due to illness, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

It depends on the course and the college, you'll have to check the prospectus as there is no blanket requirement for all FETAC courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

you can check all courses on www.qualifax.ie . You don't even need a pass in maths to get into some courses in the big colleges so there's a good chance she won't need maths at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

Thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

There isn't an entry requirement as such for PLC courses. However the more popular PLC colleges which have more applicants than places can afford to pick and choose the best applicants (based on results and interviews or whatever they want) and may have entry requirements for their courses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

two of my friends failed maths for the leaving and are now doing a plc course in croom limerick

• Advertisement
Advertisement