Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near Olympia

Options
  • 15-03-2010 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Am heading to the Olympia tomorrow night, where's the best place for parking near it?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

hunter164 wrote: »
    Am heading to the Olympia tomorrow night, where's the best place for parking near it?
    Thanks.

I always park in Andrews Lane when I'm going to the Olympia. When you come off College Green onto Dame Street, you take a left up Trinity Street (1st road you can turn off after Grafton Street veer) and then second right onto Andrews Lane. Parking signs there for it. It's open til 12, only a short walk down to the Olympia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

Thanks.

Going to see Aslan too cant wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Travel is good

Thanks.
    Drury St. car park opposite Brooks Hotel, special evening rate of €4.50 after 5.30pm.

Though you might need to check what time they close at, I'm not sure if they close early during the week. I often use this car park when I am out in town. There are several other car parks nearby, but they charge by the hour and can work out expensive.

Jury's Inn car park, just past Burdocks
    Fleet St car park, Temple Bar, just beside the pub Oliver St. John Gogartys (pricey)

Enjoy the show! I had been trying to get tickets on the web but it didn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,422 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Also Temple Bar car park on Fleet Street or Drury Street car park. Also Christchurch beind Jury's. Any on-street parking is a bit chaotic. Some car parks do deals for the evening / night, but check closing times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Also, College of Surgeons car park up by Stephens Green is good if you're out on a late one, as they're open 24 hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Thanks everyone :D I looked up the Drury Street one and supposedly it's open until 12 so that gives me loads of time unless Christy loses it altogether ;). Thanks for the help :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

If you park on the street your car will be guaranteed to be safe during the gig. :D

And why's that? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^ Cos all the dodgy characters will be in the Olympia?

Not your ornery onager

Really? No way? I wasn't being sarcastic or anything.

• Advertisement

Sarcastic, is it? :rolleyes:

:D

Not your ornery onager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

I always park in Andrews Lane when I'm going to the Olympia. When you come off College Green onto Dame Street, you take a left up Trinity Street (1st road you can turn off after Grafton Street veer) and then second right onto Andrews Lane. Parking signs there for it. It's open til 12, only a short walk down to the Olympia.

+1. I often use it too and its great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Butch Cassidy

I think I've seen people park outside the Dublin Castle gates. You can't get much closer to the venue than that!

I think I've seen people park outside the Dublin Castle gates. You can't get much closer to the venue than that!
    Not many spaces there, though. You can often find a space on Capel St, and it's a short walk across the bridge. You have to approach Capel St from the north, though.

Not your ornery onager

Parked in the Royal College of Surgeons in the end because I wasn't sure how long I'd be in town for. Thanks everyone for the help :).

Advertisement