Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Howling during Coronation Street Tune

Options
  • 15-03-2010 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

My girlfriend is fostering an injured dog at the moment. It's a small 6 year old Jack Russell. She's very well behaved (the dog and not my girlfriend) and it's obvious that she is used to being about the house. Anyway, she howls during the Coronation Street tune every single time it comes on.

Why the hell do dogs howl?

It's like she remembers the tune or something. She looks sad:(.

Maybe she just prefers Fair City. It's on at the same time....i think

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

My guess is that she had a previous owner who watched the programme, and so is familiar with the theme tune and enjoys it. Maybe she is singing along :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Both our dogs howl the place down when my daughter plays the tin whistle or recorder, think its to do with the pitch of the sound. I knew two dogs growing up that howled during eastenders and another soap tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

My old dog used to howl everytime Pure and Simple by Hearsay came on the TV, seriously, every time! And not for any other song. Obviously she had good taste! (She was howling in an upset way, obviously hated it!)

I'd say the pitch of it aswell.

Dogs howl when they are calling another member of the pack right? Maybe the tune sounds like a dog to her?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭houndsoflove

my housemate in Cork had a cocker spaniel, and he used to howl everytime coronation street came on too.

Also emmerdale.

he was so cleaver half human i'd say.

She would say "see you later" and the dog would run out door.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭joyce2009

our old girl would howl everytime she heard the icecream van gingle,,then and only then and to nothing else,,,:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

joyce2009 wrote: »
    our old girl would howl everytime she heard the icecream van gingle,,then and only then and to nothing else,,,:D:D
    ye my two pups howl at the ice cream van, i keep telling them they have to save their pocket money up and buy their own :D:D

i also get a sing along when i pull up in the evenings, mom included, they know they are off for a walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭PaulB91

mind you, maybe i should use the line "the ice cream van only plays it's jingle when it's ran out of ice cream" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

If she's howling that's a good sign, obviously she has taste and hates Coronation Street

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

joyce2009 wrote: »
    Our next door neighbour's two dogs go absolutely crazy every time the ice cream van goes by too. Strange thing is though if I'm out back when they're doing it, I only have to go "Shhh!", not particularly loudly either, and they stop immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭mal1

There she goes again. Coronation street is just over.

She does the Angelus as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement