Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No O2 customer service for me!

Options
  • 15-03-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I'm in the 18 month contract 10gb for €19.99 (€200 for every 10gb over) and they won't give me any customer service. They did for a while but now they don't.

When I call up I'm always real nice to them but I always get (accidentally on purpose or else their machines are muck) cut off. Then I have to call again and spend about 20 mins going through the robots to get cut off again. Now I know they don't like me very much so I said "will you take my number and call me back in case I accidentally get cut off again" to which they said "No. We can call people back" <- So what's the story with a phone company that can't make calls?

Ok so someone told me to use the O2 customer service forum, and I did. Then they banned me 10 days for "Being offensive to a staff member". I know this to be a total lie so I emailed O2Paddy and asked where did I cause the offence? Please post me a link to the allegation or at least copy and paste the remark. He replied to the email but ignored the question. They tend to do this to appear to be helpful and responsive but actually they do nothing except waste your time.
    So I waited the 10 days but I checked every other day and found that my bannign offence changed to "Use of bad language". So I emailed again to ask "how could I use bad language on the forum when I'm don't have access to the forum?" but this time I was completely ignored.
    So then I tried a few days later when my ban should be over and I found another update "Banned Permanently - Reason Given = None"

So I emailed O2Paddy again and I got no answer.

Now if any of those allgations were true I still can't see the problem since O2Daryll spends most of the day editing customer's text anyway.

So since I'm a paying customer of O2, and I'm a good customer too, I spend well with them, am I entitled to customer service like any other customer or are they not obliged to speak to us after we sign up with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Sounds to me even on the way you typed this message and your use of txt that you are aggressive to the girls on the O2 customer service line and hence the treatment that you receive in return. I say that if you have an issue that you put your comments in a letter to the customer service team in Limerick. I know that in my job that we have had to ask certain customer to address all their queries in writing because they cannot keep the proceedings civil during the course of a telephone call just because they are receiving information that they do not want to hear as it does not suit their ends... and they believe that the louder they shout or badger the customer service team they will get their way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Bosshogg

Bosshogg wrote: »
    When I call up I'm always real nice to them but I always get (accidentally on purpose or else their machines are muck) cut off.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    Sounds to me even on the way you typed this message and your use of txt that you are aggressive to the girls on the O2 customer service line

I always say hello and have a little chit chat about the weather etc so?..
    I even have a favourite girl down there, she's actually helpful as much as is permitted but I dare not name her in compliment for fear the others will get her, shun her or otherwise single her out.

Maybe my disdain for O2 is coming through? Hm? But anyway there was never use of swear words, insults, or other snide remarks. (Unless talking about Leinster hammering Munster 30-0 is a low blow to a call center in Limerick? -pfft not my fault but hey it's only a poke in the ribs.)

All the calls are recorded for entertainment and recreational purposes so at least they could state "you were nasty on the phone" but they didn't.

Having said all that though if you do ever have the unfortunate need to deal with the O2 Customer Service in Limerick I think you'll find that they can be quite aggrevating as noted by other posters on the boards. So if they did wind you up I'd understand, but this didn't happen to me, meaning I didn't lose it.

A simple thing like "Can I have a break down of my usage for December?" can wind up being a surprisingly testing ordeal.

But anyway do you think that postal contact is the only customer service I'm entitled to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

actually Bosshog, from reading your posts here I can actually see why nobody would want to deal with you.

You have a tendency not to listen to advice or information that is being offered to you and have a very ill informed narrow view of self derived information which is actually incorrect.

A simple thing like "Can I have a break down of my usage for December?" can wind up being a surprisingly testing ordeal.

you can get this yourself online very easily.

whippet wrote: »
    You have a tendency not to listen to advice or information that is being offered to you and have a very ill informed narrow view of self derived information which is actually incorrect.
    Unfounded statements right? Just running your mouth. If you've nothing to contribute to this thread other than to poke attacks at me then sod off, I'm looking for constructive comments.

whippet wrote: »
    you can get this yourself online very easily.
    Wrong yet again lil' whippet because you're making more claims based on more hasty assumption. Gosh and there you were going on about facts n' stuff.
    When O2 make claims as to "how" I'm using the internet / Data I want to see finer details beyond when I logged on and for how long. However this is not what this thread is about.

I want to know am I entitled to Customer Service like every other punter or is it a privilege or is it on a lottery basis?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

When O2 make claims as to "how" I'm using the internet / Data I want to see finer details beyond when I logged on and for how long.
    Such as?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

OP....7 posts and you already insulted a poster trying to offer help.

As far as entitlements.You are perfectly entitled to act the ar*ehole.The response you get is also perfectly entitled.

Such as?

Streaming movies, browsing, file sharing etc. If O2 are going to make allegations at me about how I'm using the internet to justify their charges I want a more detailed statement.

@tony1kenobi Insulted who offering help? I'm afraid you might have missed Whippet following me over here from another thread to have yet another go at me and do anything but help. Do you see anything helpful in his posts? I missed it.

Is this helpful to this thread or is this an outright bash on me?...
    I only see arogant abuse there but let's not digress please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Streaming movies, browsing, file sharing etc. If O2 are going to make allegations at me about how I'm using the internet to justify their charges I want a more detailed statement.
    Why should they keep that information? Why shouldn't you be the one responsible for that?

Why should they keep that information? Why shouldn't you be the one responsible for that?

Well now that's the interesting thing. As I was scratching my head wondering how in the name of sausages I went over the limit the O2 Customer Services started off with the routine lines telling me that I may have a trojan. Unfortunately that's not a mysterious thing for me, I knew I hadn't since it was a clean install of win7 but I did a few checks anyway to be sure. I have no virus I told them.
    So now they need to do some more "checking" and low and behold they're insisting that I'm file-sharing.
    Well now I'm thinking "what's going on here?" so I better get a few more facts and ask for statement but guess what they can't give me one.

Now you're asking "why should they keep that information?" and "they won't give me that information" even though they say it's there.

They're using that information ambiguously "You were file sharing" but they won't give me that information.

Wierd isn't it. Is that why they won't give me customer service? Is it because I'm asking for things I'm not supposed to ask for?

• Advertisement

Bosshog .. this is getting tiresome now.

- In your original rant about O2 you actually gave a breakdown of the data usage and times for a sample on your account.

- You also say that the dongle was used over a number of different laptops and that you were using it as an alternative to an Eircom broadband package.

- You also said that you stream rugby, probably along with other streams.

- You say you are a web designer, and understand data sizes, but then plead ignorance trying to differenciate between kb, mb, gb & tb.

- You admit to ignoring the actual bill that O2 made available to you on a number of occasions.

To be honest, I have formed my own opinion (along with most others) that you made a foolish error, compounded over a number of months by not checking your bill, that you are pissed off about having to shell out money and now want to blame everyone else.

I can undderstand someone being pissed off, but at this stage you are just being stupid thinking that it is all someone elses fault. You used more than your fair share and now have to pay for it.

Chalk it up to experience and infuture you should probably sign up to a product that suits your requirments.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Bosshog I must admit that as a moderator I'm wondering if you are trolling the forum. That's the impression that your posts are giving. Read back over your posts with that thought in mind and you might realise how you come across to people.

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They're using that information ambiguously "You were file sharing" but they won't give me that information.

They can't give you information that they don't have. They know you were file sharing, because that's something they can tell, but they do not know what you were sharing. Only you know that.

If you wanted to prove you didn't download as much as they say you did, then you're going to have to produce records from a download monitoring program. If you don't have that, then you're wasting everyone's time with the same tired old argument you've been banging on with since you joined this site.

You over-used a service and got charged exactly what they said they would charge if you over used the service. Let it go.
    Is it because I'm asking for things I'm not supposed to ask for?

You're asking for the impossible, which makes you difficult to deal with, hence no one wants to.

dudara wrote: »
    Bosshog I must admit that as a moderator I'm wondering if you are trolling the forum. That's the impression that your posts are giving. Read back over your posts with that thought in mind and you might realise how you come across to people.

dudara

Hi Dudara :0)
    I was gonna PM but let's throw it out there to the boys...

Nope I'm not trolling the forum. I trying to deal with the issue that I'm denied customer service from O2 but everyone else is pulling it back to older topics - not me. I'm sure the O2 CS are delighted.
    Jor_el as usual on some personal vendette against me is trying to twist my words in full view of the world again. Why? I dunno!
    Jor_el: They can't give you information that they don't have. They know you were file sharing, ...
    They "know" you were file sharing but they can't give me this information because they don't have it?!?!! Wha?? Anyway don't answer, you might have noticed that I usually skip over posts at this point as I'd say you get a buzz from banning people from the forums. Where did I get that idea? hm?

It's not my fault that it's another act of shameful behaviour from O2 but why are people so keen to attack me for it? I never cussed anyone out so why do they hang up the phones? (Accidentally of course)
    Why was I banned from the O2 forum for various allegations that CS won't point out? If I did something on their forum let the Reps post the links for all to see here. However having seen how much Daryll tampers\edits with people's posts I'd seriously doubt any validity.

All digressions I leave up to others and I suggest they do what I do when I don't like something - leave it alone. I don't like Soccer - do you see me going in the soccer forums attacking peoples opinions?

@whippet wrong again on so many points I'm not even gonna bother this time. You just can't grasp the big issue in your arogance. Also yet again you have failed to contribute to this thread and gone completely of topic on a tangent solely for the purpose of attacking me. Dunno why but hey that's some people on the internet for ya.

Gotta go :0)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Bosshogg, either are most posters here on boards.ie in this sub forum secret O2 shills/stockholders or something inc. the moderators OR maybe, just maybe, you're missing something with how you come over with your online behaviour.

You downloaded to much, you have to pay it because you signed a contract agreeing to this. End of story, no discussion required and no excuses accepted. That is your case in a summary but you refuse to accept any personal responsability what so ever and make up excuses and back track to avoid actually taking that personal responsability.

To answer your question on file sharing, answer lies in the ports and the amount going through them. Certain port ranges are well known to be used by file sharing programs and while playing a game/using Skype etc. you would not reach the volumes in traffic on said ports. Hence O2 can (if they keep track of that which is only an assumption from me) say with a very good chance that yes, you have fileshared but with out knowing what/where or how you shared. It could be a linux distrobution or the latest office, they would have no idea but they traffic pattern would show that you did indeed share something.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Bosshogg your still beating this dead horse?

You previously admitted to being a web designer and as such fully understand file sizes and transfer rates yet you claim you don't. (If you are a web designer and don't understand file sizes and transfer rates then god help any of your customers!)

You exceeded the cap, plan and simple and its fact, no ifs or buts or maybes thats what happened and you admitted to it numerous times in the previous thread that was locked.

In addition in the previous thread O2 attempted to help you but you were unreasonable with them, if this is how you are with almost every user here and O2 then no wonder they won't exactly go out of their way to help you with something that’s your fault.

We're all adults here (most of us anyway it seems) and part of being an adult is taking responsibility for one's actions, unfortunately in your case you've taken the easy route of "blame someone else" or "its not my fault" dispite fully admitting to understanding file sizes and explaining that you've used the O2 connection to download and stream shows online (rugby I believe)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sflemings

I've had no issues with OS's customer service. I never ring them though. I only email them through the customer support page on their website. I normally get a satisifed response within a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Jor_el as usual on some personal vendette against me is trying to twist my words in full view of the world again. Why? I dunno!

Anyway don't answer, you might have noticed that I usually skip over posts at this point as I'd say you get a buzz from banning people from the forums. Where did I get that idea? hm?

OK, since you want to air this in public, lets do that. I have NEVER banned you from any forum on Boards.ie so I don't know how you have this idea. Maybe it's because you only see what you want. That is a fact, and no matter how you want to believe things happened, it's all in your head. You have 1 ban on this site, and it was for personal abuse in the Rugby forum. Nothing to do with me, so retract your statement. You are a liar, and everyone knows it.
    They "know" you were file sharing but they can't give me this information because they don't have it?!?!! Wha??

Look, just because you don't understand, or don't want to understand, is not my problem. Yes, they know you were file sharing, as they can tell what kind of traffic is going across their network. They don't know what you were downloading though. Can I make that any simpler for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 CrazyBeerBaron

Bosshogg, in answer to your question why they won't support you online/over the phone.

Firstly calling them/the organisation b******s on another thread referring to staff members as 'jedward' :D you get funnier with your comments by the day and finally posting links to staff pics, even if they are already in the public domain.

As a customer of theirs since the late 90's, I've also been a v/f customer over the same time frame, before you go off on another rant that i'm an o2 fan boy.

I've always had the utmost respect for their support and putting up with my angry rants professionally and resolving my issues.

I'd seen your threads across the way, and I believe your permanent ban is due to you goading the mods regarding your signature? Would I be correct?

If your signature had your web link in it, it was removed but from what I read into it, you kept re adding it.

Do you think any company would allow you to publish a link, on a company site, goading the company.

As another poster pointed out, try putting your query in writing to head office, explaining your gripe, then and only then they may unblack list you.

H.Simpson aka Beer Baron

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd seen your threads across the way, and I believe your permanent ban is due to you goading the mods regarding your signature? Would I be correct?

If your signature had your web link in it, it was removed but from what I read into it, you kept re adding it.

Do you think any company would allow you to publish a link, on a company site, goading the company.

Expecting O2 to allow you to link to a anti-O2 website is extremely foolish, no ISP or company would allow this, they cover theselves in the T&C's in relation to this.

In much the same way as eircomsucks.com wouldn't be allowed to be linked on the eircom site the same can be said for O2.

Thats saying alot considering how much I dislike Eircom, I'd still understand if they removed links and banned users from their forum for anti-eircom websites/content.

Perfectly reasonable,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

bosshog & other posters I'm not allowing this to go any further

Thread closed

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement