Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paternity Leave Entitlements

Options
  • 15-03-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Anyone know what paternal leave fathers are entitled to, and legally do all firms have to give it. I think it is 2 or 3 days can anyone elaborate - Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

No legal entitlement, some firms have a policy so check that out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

1 day I think is the legal requirement from a colleague of mine who had a baby and was complaining about it but yea pretty much non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

fathers are entitled to nothing other than the good grace of their employer to allow them to take a day or two off.

I was lucky when our first was born was given and paid for 3 days off then took a weeks holidays.I had a really generous boss.

Other two I was self employed so got even less time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

No entitlement to paid leave I'm afraid.

Advertisement