Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

xbox doesnt read discs

• 15-03-2010 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

So today i place codmw into xbox and it says there aint no disc there and i try with fifa 10.. still no dice.. turn off etc no worky..

when i insert a disc i can hear two click sounds which sounds like something is trying to happen yet it doesnt do anything.. disc doesnt spin at all..

ive had rrod and dont look forward to a new problem

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭bonkers

just fixed it wohoooooo

did this
    http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/kb.aspx?ID=910798&lcid=1033&category=hardware

cleared system cache..

mods feel free to delete.. might be useful for others though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Jordan Berbatov

bonkers wrote: »
    just fixed it wohoooooo

did this
    http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/kb.aspx?ID=910798&lcid=1033&category=hardware

cleared system cache..

mods feel free to delete.. might be useful for others though

i have the same problem, wont be near my xbox until thursday though, hopefully it works

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

well that is handy to know. Ive had that problem before and I think I changed xbox for the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GUISAUltra

Have the same problem but those solutions dont work. Think i'll have to send it away to get repaired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Similar thing about a year ago. Ditched the old console and got an arcade, as was well out of warranty. Started off not reading discs every now and then and progressed to me opening and closing tray for an hour before it would load.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,550 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

GUISAUltra wrote: »
    Have the same problem but those solutions dont work. Think i'll have to send it away to get repaired

usually this happens when the laser on the dvd drive is mis-alligned, there is various fixes for this, to do it yourself would void your warrenty as you would need to open the console, ive had this problem before on one of my xboxs so i re-alligned the laser and its been fine ever since, there is alot of tutorials on how to do this on various websites that you can just google.

if you dont want to void your warrenty then the best bet is just send it back to ms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

It won't work for much longer trust me, I had the same issue last year. It got to the stage I was turning it off and on so much it RROD'd and I used the towel trick to bring it back. Worked for about 4 days before it completely shut itself off. Ring Xbox support and book a repair if its still in warranty.

Advertisement