Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drama Workshops (updated thread)

Options
  • 17-03-2010 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

I don't mean to sound antagonistic Doozie, but is it ok to advertise workshops on here now? I realise No-Drama is a private group, but you are now opening it up to non members for paid participation.In the past, if we had to post anything paid, in terms of training, we were told to post it in that other section with the mods approval, and not in general?

BTW, for the record, I have NO problem if that has changed, and I recommend folks to No Drama all the time in my capacity as a facilitator, but just want to be clear, so others know it's now ok to post in this section - I often work with similar groups, who occasionally choose to subsidise the workshops and facilitators by opening it to the public for a reduced fee. These are all around the country and it would open it up for people living in Cork, Galway, Mayo etc, if they had access to these trainings. I know a few contributors on here do fairly regular workshops in all aspects.
    I think it will open this section up more as a community serving both amateur and professional theatre folks if we can, without necessarily posting fees, mention paid and subsidised training available around the country

If you or possibly mods could please clarify?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Doozie

inisboffin wrote: »
    I don't mean to sound antagonistic Doozie, but is it ok to advertise workshops on here now? I realise No-Drama is a private group, but you are now opening it up to non members for paid participation.In the past, if we had to post anything paid, in terms of training, we were told to post it in that other section with the mods approval, and not in general?

No Drama isn't a private group, we are completely open armed, anyone and everyone can come.
    I can see Faceman's thread that workshops should be advertised in a particualar sticky, I wasn't aware of it so perhaps he can move it for me?

You weren't been antagonistic (were you), just pointing out a flaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Doozie wrote: »
    No Drama isn't a private group, we are completely open armed, anyone and everyone can come.
    I can see Faceman's thread that workshops should be advertised in a particualar sticky, I wasn't aware of it so perhaps he can move it for me?

You weren't been antagonistic (were you), just pointing out a flaw?

Yeah, sorry, by private, I meant membership, and ye meet each week, as opposed to one off..again, I recommend people to ND all the time who aren't sure if they want to commit to full time training or a professional theatre life, but want to try some stuff out with committed and fun bunch!

It used to be the case that workshops could be posted here, but that changed in the last couple of years. I just feel like a lot of the professional actors and directors have moved away from the site, and the emphasis is now on non-pro stuff (and I know you guys at ND have your own section too which is very vibrant).
    TBH, anything that would bring back more of the old posters here would be good. I know it may be an 'advertising' thing for boards, but I would like to see easier access to workshop notices, and maybe paid/unpaid work sections separated in film/theatre (can we even do that?).

Anyway, you guys have great workshops lined up, and hope they go well!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Sorry guys only seeing this now. I have moved the post to the relevent thread hence why its not in this post anymore. The rules on workshop advertising hasnt change.

In future if you can hit the "report post" icon/triangle on a post as I get an email that directs me to the thread when there is an issue. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement