Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

general

• 15-03-2010 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi i am currently in a small collagre course i have a place in veterinary nursing for this september, i am just wondering does anyone know what the course is like as it is new, and any advise on accomedation about 320-300 a month

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

sorry no experience with the course but your monthly budget for the house is pretty healthy you should get a place in any of the surrounding housing estates easily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sherwoood1

any advice on accomedation, i am 2o years old , i wouldnt like a crowed noisy place,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

sherwoood1 wrote: »
    any advice on accomedation, i am 2o years old , i wouldnt like a crowed noisy place,

college manor would be the best place close to the college thats not meant to be as mental as rockfield.

Theres student accommodation on campus but its expensive I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

To be honest I would steer clear of the college apartments on campus.

They are tiny and extremely overpriced.

College Manor probably would be your best bet.
    If you got a house near the back you would probably have little disturbances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sherwoood1

thanks for dat, wat would the average u would pay a month for esb,gas , i looked at houses collage manor they are good price but i wouldnt know the extra for esb, gas would be

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Depeding on how many are in the house, I would say that you are probably looking at anywhere from 20-40 euro per month for electricity etc.
    Again that does depend on how much you use your electricity or gas.
    In my house the electricity bill is usually about 60-90 euro for two months, which is split between four of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

Even though students are more than welcome to reside in College Manor they should respect their neighbors as it along with Heights and Rockfield were built as residential areas not student accommodation.
    College Manor has mostly young families residing there and anti social behavior is becoming more and more shunned upon especially around the DKIT's Rag Week.
    College Manor now has an active residents committee and will be working to keep anti social behavior under control going forward.

Advertisement