Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Seat Toledo 1.8 20v opinions

• 15-03-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭

Looks and performance aside, does anyone have opinions on the reliability of an 04 Toledo 20v 125ps?

There's 55k on this one, what's the belt interval on them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Looks and performance aside, does anyone have opinions on the reliability of an 04 Toledo 20v 125ps?

There's 55k on this one, what's the belt interval on them?

Sensors can give problems, coolant temp, maf and so on.
    T-Belt should be done at 60k or 4 years.

Leaks, watch out for leaks. Foam seal on inner door card perishes and soaks the carpet, this happens on all 4 doors. If the pollen filter is replaced make sure the cover is replaced properly as water will leak in soaking the pass side floor.
    There are also areas on the bulkhead which are not sealed properly from the factory, these can cause water to leak in from above the pedals.

Window regulators go the same as any vw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I"ve seen intervals of 100000 miles for the belts, early ones were supposed to give trouble with tensioners, is the official interval on an 04 100 or 60?

Water pumps don't last so would be better doing the belt earlier rather then later. Wishbone bushings are soft too, mine were dead at 53k miles, ARB bushings wear out too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I'd be looking at a V5 from the UK to be honest. Better spec and condition than most of the Irish ones and something a bit unusual.

This is cheap

media?id=1094283674

EPM wrote: »
    I'd be looking at a V5 from the UK to be honest. Better spec and condition than most of the Irish ones and something a bit unusual.

V5 does not make sense in this Country, 2.3 litre, high tax, high fuel consumption and not much power. The 1.8t would be a far better buy compared to the V5 and one imported from the UK would have all the bells and whistles.
    Plus a remap on the 1.8t will see 210bhp and 40mpg if driven carefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not going higher than 1.8 and don't want a turbo. Nice suggestions though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭Mr.David

I've an Octavia with that 1.8 20v normally aspirated engine. Its decent, very smooth but all the torque is high in the rev range and it does lack torque low down so you do end up grabbing it by the nuts to get it to respond.

Reliable engine too and have had no issues at all. Doesnt consume oil either (thankfully :)).

Economy wise I would average approx 35mpg with motorway/town mix. About 24mpg around town and up to 40mpg on the motorway at 120kmph.

Advertisement