Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat friendly ant powder...

Options
  • 15-03-2010 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

so, i found some ants in my kitchen last night, they are getting in through the floor and around one of the cupboards.....

i have been keeping them at bay with some bleach as i couldn't get to a hardware shop today...

can anyone advise me with the name of a cat friendly ant powder, i don't know if cats eat ant powder but i don't really want to take the chance, i also completely hate the fact there are ants in my house - many nightmares and much itchyness!

thank you so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Not had ants myself but my dad did couple of years ago, he got the ant house things.
    They are little plastic house like things, the ants go in and take the poison and bring it to the nest, where it kills all the young ants too. In about a week there's no ants left. Worked great, better than the powders and sprays he tried and should be pet safe as its all contained in a "house" which you place against wall near where they come out.

Advertisement