Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Original Honda Key, but have Spare Red Key- Possible to cut?

• 15-03-2010 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hello,

I recently lost the last original key for a 97 Civic. I still have the spare red key which, i think, is an immobiliser. Does anyone know if it's possible to get this red key cut anywhere, perhaps apart from the main dealers? I heard the dealers can charge a lot for repacling lost car keys.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

its cheap to get the keys themselves cut but the dealer has to chip and code them to your car... thats if there a chip in a car of that age....
    if there is ,theres plenty of guys out there that can code them to the car at present at half the dealer price and you can pick up the key blanks uncut of course for about a fiver...

• Registered Users Posts: 38 john2984

Thanks Kincaid,
    So regardless i will need to go to the dealer to get the key coded?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

john2984 wrote: »
    Thanks Kincaid,
    So regardless i will need to go to the dealer to get the key coded?
    Read his post again:
    kincaid wrote: »
    .....if there a chip in a car of that age....there's plenty of guys out there that can code them to the car at present at half the dealer price...

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 38 john2984

Ok sorry, but
    kincaid wrote: »
    theres plenty of guys out there that can code them to the car

Where are they? Ordinary mechanics? Dont mean to ask stupid questions but ive asked around and noone so far seems to do it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

john2984 wrote: »
    Ok sorry, but

Where are they? Ordinary mechanics? Dont mean to ask stupid questions but ive asked around and noone so far seems to do it.

have you asked google? :D

http://autokey.ie/index.php?id=25

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Price it at a dealer also. Last time I got a quote a dealer was cheaper than the above.

Advertisement