Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Play Pen: SarcasticFairy

13»

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey hey!

Can I call you Farcky?

How many total PMs do you have?

Do you ever regret joining boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

If you could swap lives with any boardsie for a day, who'd that be and why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Since I really suck at thinking up questions for these things:

If you were me and could ask yourself one question, what would it be?

What would the answer to this question be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

what's on your subbed list?

favourite cartoon?

favourite flavour?

favourite minority group?

favourite question so far?

favourite facebook group?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

What's the best piece of advice you were ever given? I don't know really... To not give a **** what people think, I guess? I used to care too much about looking 'cool'. Once I stopped caring about how other people saw me, I was much happier.

Favourite website (apart from Boards,of course)? ;)Ahm. I do love my Facebook, and Twitter. Weheartit.com, ffffound.com, various blogs, and The Style Bitches, who I linked to earlier :)

Best compliment you've ever received? Ahm... ahmmm. I dunno, really. Well, no, I do know, but to make it make sense I'd have to tell a big back story, which I don't really want to do on a public forum... It basically amounts to me being a good friend though. <3 my friends.

5 things you like about yourself? Eh. Yeah. Right. >_<
    1. I like to think I'm a pretty good friend in general.
    2. My eyes. They're pretty big, and wide, and blue. \o/ for being better for make-up.
    3. I'm not stupid. I'm not ridiculously intelligent either, but I has some smarts! :D
    4. I'm also pretty hopelessly silly sometimes.
    5. Um.... I like my name?! *really struggling here*

Languages you'd love to learn to speak? French, Italian, Irish and Spanish. I fail at languages though, so mnehhh.

Any fears/phobias? Have a pretty extreme fear of dogs...

Any interest in politics? Not in the slightest!

Are you ticklish? Very!

What do you do when you need cheering up? Eat. Eat lots. So much comfort eating. Oh, chocolate <3 That or find someone to give me a hug. Also <3 hugs.

Favourite girls name/girls names you like? Aoibha (Aoibhea?... I can't remember how it's spelt...), Alexa/Lexie, annnd Evie.

Favourite boys name/boys names you like? Callum, Ben, Oscar and Aaron.

Pet peeves? Ahm. Repetitive noises like people tapping their fingers drives me insane sometimes? Besides that it takes a lot to annoy me really.

Guilty pleasures? Lazy, lazy, staying-in-bed-all-day days?

Bottled water,yay or nay? Meh. I can taste the difference usually, but it doesn't bother me. Tap water is fine in most places...

Proudest achievements? I'm kinda weird about proudest achievements... Like, at the awards ceremony for sixth year, I won awards for all my subjects, along with Student of the Year, which all sounds very impressive and lovely (and horribly, horribly nerdy :P) but I know that all means **** all, because of who my year were. I dunno, I was pretty impressed I survived Barcelona, living with Spanish people, not speaking any Spanish (besides hello, how are you, pleased to meet you, please, thanks and NO! I really DON'T like fish...) without running home whinging about not liking Spanish food :P

Best "mistake" you've ever made? I flung myself at someone I probably shouldn't have, thought I'd ruined a great friendship and hated myself a tiny bit for it.... Yeah, that turned out to be a pretty epic mistake. :D

I'll leave it at that for now. :p

O_o So many questions! <3

• Advertisement

ARGH. Boards fail!

I answered all the other questions, then boards freaked out and wouldn't post it. This is the third time it's done that for those questions... I thought it was just the internet in the library being dodgy, but apparently the Playpen Gods don't want your questions answered...

I are too tired to do it again tonight! Will try again tomorrow! :)

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Hey hey!

Can I call you Farcky? No. No you really can't! I hate most nicknames people come up with for me anyway, but Farcky? Really?

How many total PMs do you have? 92, apparently. Seems like a strangely big number considering I never, ever use the PM-y thing. Meh.

Do you ever regret joining boards? Nope. I've met some really lovely people, some of whom are really close friends now! Wouldn't have met them had I never signed up :)
    Pygmalion wrote: »
    Since I really suck at thinking up questions for these things:

If you were me and could ask yourself one question, what would it be? Am I asking myself a question, or am I you, asking myself (as in, you) a question?

What would the answer to this question be? 7. Definitely 7.
    jumpguy wrote: »
    If you could swap lives with any boardsie for a day, who'd that be and why? I'd probably choose someone random as opposed to one of the people I know... How weird would it be to *be* one of your friends? 'Sides, boards is huge, there are probably lots of people who have strange/interesting jobs... Be kinda interesting to do something totally random for a day :)
    what's on your subbed list? Don't really have a subbed list, but mostly read C&H, F&A and UCD. I occasionally visit TCD, LC, JC, tLL and tGC, but meh, effortz.

favourite cartoon? Meh, cartoons.

favourite flavour? Of what? Chocolate anything is invariably good...

favourite minority group? Ginges? Does that count? :P Allegedly, I'm a ginge, so I suppose I have to favour them...

favourite question so far? Lots of good questions! Jumpy's insane lists of questions are made of win though :)

favourite facebook group? I used to love "Dear First Years, get a smaller bag, you look like a tourist" and "Hi, I'm a dinosaur. I'm always angry cos my arms are too short to hug people" but my new favourite groups is "With awesome hacking skills, you too can create a Facebook group with a really long name that defies the laws of physics and time, thereby creating a rip in the universe that calls forward dinosaurs to attack Australia. (Run, Australians, run!)" <3

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Complete the following well-known joke:
    What did one bean say to the other bean?

Am I more attractive now that I've mentioned this awesome joke?

Complete the following well-known joke:
    What did one bean say to the other bean? Hello Bean!

Am I more attractive now that I've mentioned this awesome joke? Infinitely! <3

:D

favourite thread in C&H?

what do you think of the recent spam we've been having?

[breaths deeply]what are you having for dinner?

what are you wearing?

/stalker questions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Rich Teas or Digestives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Green/flavoured tea or normal tea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm starting to forget whether I've asked questions already or not :confused::

Favourite Scrubs quote?

Elton John, yay or nay?
    If yay, favourite songs?

Greatest achievement to date (apologies if somebody asked it)?

What's the best teenage age (13-19) and why?

Favourite summer memory and why?

Are you superstitious?

Any irrational fears?

Longest you've ever stayed awake?

Strange things that you do and people always comment on?

Ever broken a bone?

What d'you find most attractive in the opposite sex (could it be they take sugar with their tea?)

Ever been camping?

Furthest you've travelled?

Ever gotten caught up in something you've no part in?

Favourite fruit and favourite veg?

favourite thread in C&H? Yaaaaah/Arrrrrghh.... I whinge a lot, but yaaaah makes me happy :)

what do you think of the recent spam we've been having? MNEH. They need to find something better to do with their lives, tbh...

[breaths deeply]what are you having for dinner? I had dinner already... I'm home alone, so I had pancakes, cos they're pretty much all I can cook besides pizza/noodles without burning the house down... I'm incredibly domestic, clearly.

what are you wearing? Er... Giant hoodie, giant t-shirt thing (I'm little, so it kiiinda passes as a dress?) and tights.... I look incredible >_> (ie, I'm staying in all day to write an essay, and didn't bother getting dressed properly)

/stalker questions
    Monzo wrote: »
    Rich Teas or Digestives? Ahm... Chocolate digestives? I don't drink tea/coffee, so on their own, both those biscuits would be prettttyyy plain :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

The word "they": Plural only or is it ok to use as a gender-neutral 3rd person?

biggest thing you've ever stolen?

Favourite thing you've bought?

your favourite thing in the world?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

How do you put up with my incessant rambling about things you dont understand or care about?

How many words do you have written in the essay?

How did it feel to know you were stuck with me & UCD the day CAO results came out? :p

Hotaru wrote: »
    Green/flavoured tea or normal tea? Neither! Don't drink tea! :(
    jumpguy wrote: »
    I'm starting to forget whether I've asked questions already or not :confused::

Favourite Scrubs quote? Haven't watched Scrubs in far, far too long! Can't think of a single quote besides the Knife Wrench one...

Elton John, yay or nay? Nay.
    If yay, favourite songs?

Greatest achievement to date (apologies if somebody asked it)? almostnever asked something similar; proudest achievement or something... I wrote a bit of spiel that basically amounted to, MEH. I don't consider things people consider to be achievements as achievements... which makes no sense. Words fail me.

What's the best teenage age (13-19) and why? 16 was the best year EVER, 17 was pretty ****, and my whole like, month of 18-ness has been nice... Younger ages were grand, but I just remember wanting to be older... I no longer want to be older :)

Favourite summer memory and why? Ahm, about two years ago I went on the biggest disaster of a holiday ever in the history of the world. Every single thing that could possibly go wrong, went wrong (we were briefly kidnapped... you can't go much more wrong than being physically stolen...), but I spent pretty much the entire time laughing. Best holiday ever. That, or London last Summer just before results. Such an epically random trip!

Are you superstitious? Nope! I won't walk under ladders out of habit though!

Any irrational fears? All fears are irrational :P Dogs?

Longest you've ever stayed awake? I'm bad at staying awake. I invariably find someone/somewhere to nap on.... Pulled several all nighters during exams though.. Bad times.

Strange things that you do and people always comment on? When I'm on a bus, if I'm looking out the window, I'll follow the traffic with my eyes, so my eyes are moving really quickly back and forth... I don't notice I'm doing it, but it freaks people out cos apparently I look like I'm having some kinda seizure... Other than that, I dunno!

Ever broken a bone? Nope! Officially indestructible... /jinxes self :P

What d'you find most attractive in the opposite sex (could it be they take sugar with their tea?) Intelligence/sense of humour/loyalty/honesty... all the usual decent person stuff, tbh... Oh. And lovely hair. I do really like hair.

Ever been camping? Nope...

Furthest you've travelled? I think you already asked me this, yourself! (Possibly... someone did!) :P

Ever gotten caught up in something you've no part in? Kinda... S'a long story boards doesn't need to know!

Favourite fruit and favourite veg? Strawberries.. and um... I don't really like veg... Carrots?

<3

Pygmalion wrote: »
    The word "they": Plural only or is it ok to use as a gender-neutral 3rd person? Gender neutral third person? My head hurts too much to deal with grammar rules now :(
    biggest thing you've ever stolen? I've never really stolen anything tbh... :/

Favourite thing you've bought? Like, half my make-up collection...

your favourite thing in the world? My noticeboard thingy... it's full of random pictures/tickets/cards/badges/stickers/keyrings/stuff, and my first paycheck, and eh, some random Christmas decorations.... Pretty much everything on it means something to me/reminds me of something/someone...
    Fad wrote: »
    How do you put up with my incessant rambling about things you dont understand or care about? S'cos I love you, and am occasionally interested in what you're talking about :) Just cos I don't understand most sciencey things, doesn't mean I don't care about *all* sciencey things.

How many words do you have written in the essay? 906.

How did it feel to know you were stuck with me & UCD the day CAO results came out? :pMy main concern was not the fact I didn't get Trinity, but was indeed how I would go about getting rid of you..... :P

Tbh, I was always under the impression you'd be around when the plan was to all be in Trinity... And then I was really, really disappointed for you when I saw the newspaper thingy with the points, and you were asleepy-sleep, and didn't know you were going to UCD. But then when I found out yourself, bythewoods and myself were in UCD (and had accepted I was going to UCD....), I was more disappointed at that stage that A Neurotic wouldn't be with us too :(

<3:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

<3:)

Wow, I'd completely forgotten all that! Hah, it all seems to have worked out ok anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

Favourite brand of make-up?

Favourite Benifit packaging?

Favourite brand of make-up? Pretty sure I'm expected to say MAC but I hate it with a passion. I tend to love different brands for different things, but I probably have the most stuff from Barry M overall... So many insanely bright pretty colours <3

Favourite Benifit packaging? The packaging on their perfumes is pretty cute, but I kinda like the random shower gels/creams/whatever, with the slogan-y things on them. The That Gal packaging is really clever in terms of practicality... Oh and the Coralista box is beyond pretty :) So much love for Benefit packaging! <3

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Do you wish all your law lectures were as fun as the one we crashed?

Craguls wrote: »
    Do you wish all your law lectures were as fun as the one we crashed?

That was such a bizarre, bizarre day. But invariably 10 minutes of chatting at the back of a lecture, before we caused a scene storming out > 2 hours of my lecturer droning on!

However, karma is a bitch, and I now have an assignment due this week based around the stuff covered in lectures I was not at. >_>

But definitely more fun! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

That was such a bizarre, bizarre day. But invariably 10 minutes of chatting at the back of a lecture, before we caused a scene storming out > 2 hours of my lecturer droning on!

However, karma is a bitch, and I now have an assignment due this week based around the stuff covered in lectures I was not at. >_>

But definitely more fun! :D

To be fair, from talking to you, I seem to have picked up more about the constitution in that one lecture, than you did so far in the year.......ask me? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

It's been a week. SarcasticFairy is hereby deemed "no longer interesting"!

Cheers for taking part. :) Bring on the next victim....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Apologies for not posting in your thread before now, and also for forgetting to bring my hat last Friday week :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement