Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cymbalta side effects, feels like withdrawal.

Options
  • 16-03-2010 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

Iv been on cymbalta for about 5 months. It was prescribed for fibromialgia.
    Anyway i was on 60 mg daily. At the last app bout 3 weeks ago it was upped to 90mg. Ever since iv been getting woosi head late evening lasting till i go asleep. I get a pain in my head and cant bend down.
    Its acctualy like the withdrwal effect i got when i was comming of effexor.
    I take the meds at night. It realy feels like i start to withdrw from the meds!
    Its a mad feeling, and i have tinitus and that also gets realy back with it!

Also does anyone get body/muscle jerks. Iv also been getting these for months at night when i start to relax to go asleep. My body starts jumping around. Im like someone possed. You know when you dream yuor falling or get a fright and jump in your sleep. Well thats happing to me every night.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭kangaroo

P.A.C wrote: »
    Also does anyone get body/muscle jerks. Iv also been getting these for months at night when i start to relax to go asleep. My body starts jumping around. Im like someone possed. You know when you dream yuor falling or get a fright and jump in your sleep. Well thats happing to me every night.
    I get that sometimes (I have M.E.). I've heard it mentioned by other people with M.E. also and one said the technical term for it is myoclonus.

It seems it's part of lots of conditions.

I've had it now and then for the 15 years I have severe M.E. (i.e. it hasn't kill me). I haven't read up about it so don't know much about it in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭RedNiamhy

I have been on Cymbalta for 2 years I think now after trying other meds for depression and they stopped working. I find this drug very good but Thursday morning I totally forgot to take it.

Thursday I was sound during the day but I felt a bit weepy Thursday evening. I put this down to tiredness and thought nothing more of it.

Friday morning I got up as usual, took my meds, had my shower and BANG, I started getting dizzy. It came on in waves about every 15 minutes. I had to go to work and got there ok although it was kinda scary. I kept thinking I'd faint. But I went to work, drank lots of water to rehydrate me, drank coke for the caffeine, ate chocolate for the sugar, got fresh air - all the normal dizziness cures before I realised about the meds on Thursday.

It has occurred to me that I have had this dizziness problem before, and all since I started on Cymbalta. It didn't stop until about midday, the same as the other times.

Has anyone else had this problem with this drug? I know dizziness is listed as a side effect of it but my "episodes" are horrible and can feel a bit disturbing.

Advertisement