Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me design a new build...

Options
  • 16-03-2010 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Well hows it going all, right here's the story. I wanna build another machine, now ive built like 6 at this stage and have a very good idea of what to do etc etc... Most of the machines I have built are modded, ye gotta love a dremel. the problem im having is that I haven't built one in over a year. I really haven't a clue whats the new in hardware at the moment.

What I do know is this:
    1. Im gonna watercool and overclock
    2. I really wanna get a solid state drive
    3. And I have 1,400

So any ideas?

By the way I don't need a monitor keyboard or mouse etc etc...

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

... But do you need a shiny new copy of Windows 7? :P And is this build for gaming or general computing or what?

In any case, €1400 is plenty for a good rig unless that includes the WC budget too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

Already have a copy of Windows 7 pro 64bit, I have two more machines that can still use this key...

Its mainly for gaming and unfortunately that budget is for the WC aswell but if it runs over by a bit aswell thats ok... As long as it aint too high, lets say 1400 +- 200.

I can't w8 to sink my teeth into building this one...

What do you think of the Zalmaner Reserator V2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Solitaire wrote: »
    ... But do you need a shiny new copy of Windows 7? :P And is this build for gaming or general computing or what?

In any case, €1400 is plenty for a good rig unless that includes the WC budget too :o
    1400 for surfing webpages ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I don't know what grade of WC gear you want/need, that's going to set the tone of the build because WC could easily cost anything between €200 and €1000+ depending on how hardcore you go! :eek:

just your average watercooling to keep the overclocked processer at decent enough temps on load... Non of this sub zero crap...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Wait till the end of the month before you build, Nvidia is releasing there new GPU's on the 25-26th March. You might see some price drops aswell! So it's worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

At the rate Nvidia is going you should expect the paper release on time and the physical cards on sale around November :rolleyes:

Well I aint going to be starting the build until the end of may...

Does any1 have a good recomendation for a case that can be easily modified for water cooling?

Advertisement