Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chipper in Carlow?

Options
  • 16-03-2010 3:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I've been living in Carlow for the last couple of months now and I'm a bit of a fast food junky. I've tried all the takeaways in Carlow, from The Golden Grill to Luigi's but none has topped Florino's since I moved down. I've noticed that there is loads of competition and have tried all but Florino's in my opinion are the best all round. From there chicken to their fish and even their pizzas are nice for a chipper but their chips are to die for. I don't think any other chipper has a bigger menu than them and they're not the most expensive compared to the other chippers in town. Which better chipper would anyone recommend and what's everyone's opinion on the best takeaway in Carlow?

Best chipper in Carlow? 57 votes

Florino's
    1%
    ClaudeVercetti 1 vote
    Rocca's
    26%
    Fighting IrishTech OverhaulpatrickcSVmickoscantona1111jamsieboy86ShotgunBoyThwip!carlowbhoyMarkoTooleAm I Evil?123456.Smitherinescocaliquid 15 votes
    Umberto's
    5%
    lol5605foundrytoopybinoo 3 votes
    Cafe Roma
    21%
    nagerocashbackDuiskeLillylillyIvyTheTerriblebyhookorbycrookshotgun mikeThundercats HoStanzenDboy85maccoredLaura_lolly87 12 votes
    Luigi's
    1%
    almighty1 1 vote
    Golden Grill
    17%
    King Mobbluefireflytoe_kneekev91TowerIRLDarrenMSPTrixIrlCypher_soundsHOBO123tomottosam 10 votes
    Toni's
    7%
    tommycahirlotdpdD_BEAR40040D 4 votes
    Rocco's
    10%
    testiclehonkytonk52BO-JANGLESDANNY22XXdublinceltAlanS181824 6 votes
    Hillbillys
    1%
    maynooth_rules 1 vote
    Eddies
    5%
    orkxyafladcollin66 3 votes
    Supermacs
    1%
    Club Educate 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MarkoToole

Rocca's
    My apologies, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭shotgun mike

Cafe Roma
    MarkoToole wrote: »
    My apologies, thanks!

Ah the poll is good craic thou. Personally I think fast eddies is/ always was a cracking chipper badly let down by its chips. Frozen. and not fresh from spuds. A cardinal error chip-wise. Good fish thou. a fairly tidy fresh cod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Abrakebabra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭honkytonk52

Rocco's
    yo cant beat a bit of tonys..especially buy one pizza get one free, beautiful:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Cafe Roma
    Umberto's was great when they used to use loads of grated cheese on the quarter pounders. I dont think they do that anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Lillylilly

Cafe Roma
    Ah the poll is good craic thou. Personally I think fast eddies is/ always was a cracking chipper badly let down by its chips. Frozen. and not fresh from spuds. A cardinal error chip-wise. Good fish thou. a fairly tidy fresh cod.

I worked there a few years ago when I was in college and it's not the cleanest of places. I would NEVER eat from there. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

It used to be Florino's, now its The Kebab King.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Roosters, Bagenalstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Cafe Roma

awful chips alright. used to hate having to get chips there after a night out, usually cos everyone wanted to go there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Rocca's
    Florinos without a doubt

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

Rocca's
    Chipper van at Killerig cross is my favourite at the minute or Jimmys in Ballon. It used to be Florino's but I'm gone off it lately for some reason!
    I eat too much fast food:o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Golden Grill
    Best chipper in carlow is your own kitchen, learn how to cook a good meal and stick to the gym, your body is your temple look after it well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Best chipper in carlow is your own kitchen, learn how to cook a good meal and stick to the gym, your body is your temple look after it well ;)

Yeah but Kebabs are SAVAGE!

Advertisement