Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Info - Bus & Pubs!

Options
  • 16-03-2010 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

This is very last minute...I am coming to Dublin this afternoon until Thursday staying Croke Park Hotel. Going to concert in the O2 tonight but might miss the shuttle bus from the hotel. What is the cheapest way to get there? Is there a bus that goes direct or would we have to change? What number? How much would a taxi be? Or will the roads be closed for the parade tomorrow?

Also are there many cheap pubs in the city for a few after?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

TillyGirl wrote: »
    This is very last minute...I am coming to Dublin this afternoon until Thursday staying Croke Park Hotel. Going to concert in the O2 tonight but might miss the shuttle bus from the hotel. What is the cheapest way to get there? Is there a bus that goes direct or would we have to change? What number? How much would a taxi be? Or will the roads be closed for the parade tomorrow?

Also are there many cheap pubs in the city for a few after?

If you've to get a taxi its a straight run down the North Circular Road & Sheriff St. Get the driver to let you off at the bottom of Sheriff St and even with some passengers the very most it'll cost you is a tenner.

Get the taxi out on the road, don't order one or it will cost you €2- more and you'll only be waiting seconds for a taxi in Dublin.

There is no direct bus service.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

walk down to the Luas, about a 20 min. walk to abbey street.

the luas goes straight to the point and when the concert is over, they have luas waiting to bring everyone back into the city. I think it costs E3.20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

irishbird wrote: »
    walk down to the Luas, about a 20 min. walk to abbey street.

the luas goes straight to the point and when the concert is over, they have luas waiting to bring everyone back into the city. I think it costs E3.20

From Jurys Croker it would be as quick to walk to the O2 than it would be to walk to Abbey St for the Luas!.

And thats an idea OP, you could walk to the O2 from Jurys - but you'd have to walk through Sheriff Street (and you probably don't wanna do that ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

Dont go .IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

anto2 wrote: »
    Dont go .IMO
    wow, thats constructive!

Id walk tbh, its only a few minutes and if you keep your wits about you youll be fine

Advertisement