Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shock!

• 16-03-2010 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Our apartment door got kicked in at 3.45am this morning by some idiot! :confused:

Does anyone know how much it would cost to fix the door? It was the lock on the door frame that flew off and not the one that is attached to the actual door.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Do you own the apartment or you renting, if your renting then its the landlords job imho...unless of course the idiot was a flatmate or something :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

Cabaal wrote: »
    Do you own the apartment or you renting, if your renting then its the landlords job imho...unless of course the idiot was a flatmate or something :)

Thanks Cabaal.

I am going to ring the letting agent as they are really good and see if they can sort it.

He was a complete randomer - did he ever hear of knocking rather than kicking?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Def the landlords problem OP,

Same thing really if somone kicked in your window.

Thanks ziedth:)

It's all being sorted now thanks all. Just had the Gardai here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Landlords problem.

If they are in no rush to fix it get it done yourself, but take the cost out of next months rent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭anto2

Get come kind of confirmation from the Garda of what happened or else your deposit will not be coming back .If you do not pay a month in lo ,i would kick your sorry ass out of the flat .

anto2 wrote: »
    Get come kind of confirmation from the Garda of what happened or else your deposit will not be coming back .If you do not pay a month in lo ,i would kick your sorry ass out of the flat .

Excuse me??

Gardai took a statement.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'm also perplexed by this, if some random person damages the flats door how is the person living in the flat responsible for it?

I'd love to hear your logicto explain this one

Cabaal wrote: »
    I'm also perplexed by this, if some random person damages the flats door how is the person living in the flat responsible for it?

I'd love to hear your logicto explain this one

Me too as I was clearly upset by this. Why would I be at fault? Why would you kick me out of my apartment?

Cause he owns book a room :)

• Advertisement

ziedth wrote: »
    Cause he owns book a room :)

I'm lost...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

If you do not pay a month in lo ,i would kick your sorry ass out of the flat .

what a ridiculously jerkish response.

I'm lost...

Let's just say a number of people here have had dealings with book a room and know how quickly they give back deposits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Our apartment door got kicked in at 3.45am this morning by some idiot! :confused:.
    I'm sorry for your trouble.
    If you do not pay a month in lo ,i would kick your sorry ass out of the flat .
    Where were you at 3.45am today?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,639 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Let's just say a number of people here have had dealings with book a room and know how quickly they give back deposits.

Yes fun fun fun that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

whether you like it or not... some good advice...
    get a confirmation of the report to the garda....
    Cause if i was the landlord, how would i know it wasnt you drunk or a mate of yours who caused the damage and are now telling porkies so you dont have pay for the damage...

cover your ass and get something from the garda.... so you cant be blamed on it....

robtri wrote: »
    whether you like it or not... some good advice...
    get a confirmation of the report to the garda....
    Cause if i was the landlord, how would i know it wasnt you drunk or a mate of yours who caused the damage and are now telling porkies so you dont have pay for the damage...

cover your ass and get something from the garda.... so you cant be blamed on it....

Gardai rang me this evening, they are sending me a copy of the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Gardai rang me this evening, they are sending me a copy of the report.

Did you see who did the dastardly deed?

chelloveks wrote: »
    Did you see who did the dastardly deed?

Fiance did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

sorry OP, i honeslty thought it was my door ;)

seriously though, must have been a terrifying experience, sorry to hear

Get the garda report, as long as the letting agency isnt book a room you should be ok re the deposit

did you see whoever did it?

i assume this is a city centre area?

edit- just saw your post re the fiance seeing the guy, ye hardly know him or anything? a neighbour or something?

• Advertisement

kryogen wrote: »
    sorry OP, i honeslty thought it was my door ;)

seriously though, must have been a terrifying experience, sorry to hear

Get the garda report, as long as the letting agency isnt book a room you should be ok re the deposit

did you see whoever did it?

i assume this is a city centre area?

edit- just saw your post re the fiance seeing the guy, ye hardly know him or anything? a neighbour or something?

No didn't know him at all, didn't look like a neighbour. Garda report will be sent out early next week. Yep it's city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

what part of city centre?if ya dont mind me asking?

I would advise not to say where OP,

Maybe the culprit posts here (seanybiker has been very quiet :)) and ya wouldn't know what could happen.

Just my two cent

Maybe the culprit posts here (seanybiker has been very quiet :)) and ya wouldn't know what could happen.

Just my two cent

Totally wise.

Sorry anplaya but it wouldn't be fair as we really do like this place as its lovelt and quiet. It was just unfortunate what has happene:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

no bother,was talking to another member b4 about something similiar that happened,happened t him and me b4,both in different areas of town.

Thanks!

I think it was the shock and fright more than anything especially when you are not expecting it!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Just my two cent
    ha ha I can barely walk when Im pissed, would be funny trying to push or kick in a door. I would bust meself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 amzyxx

there was a ridiculous amount of drunken messes around lastnight!! some youngone smashed in the window of abrakababra with her fist!!! was disgraceful..

Tbf it's rotten in there :)

I was up in cork last night with mrs ziedth and we went out for food! Only about say 9ish walking through town and I actually felt unsafe.

I'd imagine Waterford was no better, any arrests anyone here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Dunno ziedth didnt hear anything.

Advertisement