Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless repeater/extender help

Options
  • 16-03-2010 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi all,

I’m new to all of this. My question is I have a “DWL-G710 High Speed 2.4GHz (802.11g) Wireless Range Extender” upstairs in my house receiving a broadband signal from my parents house next door and it works fine, downstairs in my house I want to get a broadband connection to a satellite receiver from this repeater. Does anyone know how I can receive the signal wireless from extender and feed it to the satellite receiver? I have a DIR-655 Xtreme N Gigabit Router in the house which I’m not using, could this be used to receive signal and feed it through a port to reviever?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

Something like this may do the trick...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Linksys-WGA54G-Wireless-G-Game-Adapter/dp/B0000DG4WG

Basically it's a "wireless card" which connects/bridges to your satellite receiver, xbox etc via a CAT5 network cable. You connect the adapter to a computer initially via the network cable to set the IP address, wireless network name and security > WEP or WPA.

After that, you disconnect from the computer and plug it into the satellite receiver. FIngers crossed, the satellite receiver will now be online.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭humaxf1

OR

You may be able to run a network cable between your satellite receiver and the network socket on the Dlink. I'm not sure if the Dlink socket passes bandwidth outward.

Worth a try if the Dlink is nearby the satellite receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭jasper1422

thanks for the all the info.

Advertisement