Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Mic nights

Options
  • 16-03-2010 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Morning,

I'm looking for details of any Open Mic nights in Laois County.

Also, are they friendly to other forms of music than singer with guitar? Do they have a mixer i can plug laptop/ ipod even into? I'm not a singer with guitar.. Thanks :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tommy2222

stars in our bars now running in various pubs. Try Treacys of the Heath for talent night on 16th April or Grellan delaneys in portlaoise

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Lethean use to do an Open Mic night called Limelight during the week, think it was a Tuesday. I don't know if they still do but ask around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭all the stars

tommy2222 wrote: »
    stars in our bars now running in various pubs. Try Treacys of the Heath for talent night on 16th April or Grellan delaneys in portlaoise

Correct me if im wrong - but isn't this a karaoke type competition? I know the one local to me is audience voting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 tommy2222

Not too sure to be honest!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DJDJSMusic

I to am interested in any open mic nights in Laois or any reasonable drive from Portlaoise.
    I have found some in Dublin, but don't want to go too far for my first attempt at public performance :)
    Again I'm not a traditional Singer-songwriter with a guitar, I play Electronic/Dance Music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

OP, as far as I know, Gogarty's in Portarlington were talking about setting up an open mic night for every second Friday. Might be worth a look.

Advertisement