Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with electric shower, water cold

• 16-03-2010 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi All,

I’m not really good at explaining these kind of things and English in my second language but I’m so frustrated with my shower problem I don’t know what to do, and I’m really hoping for some feedback!.

The story goes as follows:

I rent a studio, which is build, as sort of an extension to the main house. Now everything was perfect, until 2 months ago my shower’s Triton T80xr ‘low pressure’ indicator start flashing and water would be freezing cold. Notified my landlady, she called in plumber and he said he recons its due to council water supply disruption and my shower feeds from the mains. Fine, few weeks later when council confirmed there will be no further disruptions in water supply, I contacted my landlady as my shower showed no change, water was still cold. She called in another plumber, he said he recons that since the pipe is outside and the weather so cold then when water is reaching the element its too cold and it doesn’t have enough power to heat it up so it’ll stay cool until weather improves. Fine, last week when the sun was out I can see it’ll hit the wall where my shower pipe is, so I figured I should be good to get a shower, nope, water barely warm, like you wouldn’t take your clothes off to get in that shower.

Also it may be worth mentioning we had a trouble with the power in the house just prior I start having problems with my shower. I mean the power would go off, then people in the house will do whatever and then power will go back, then off again and back on again, it resolved later, I Think it was something to do with so many people leaving in the house and using plenty of electricity.

Basically, I was using the shower in the main house, but this weekend I have a sister visiting me for a week, and I don’t think people in the house will be impressed with strange person using their shower also! It’s just so frustrating having to go throuhg all this trouble when I have my own shower!

Thanks you and regards,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

There is not much you can do if the landlady refuses to insist on the plumber sorting it. However assuming you got through there is 2 options.

1, Have the pressure measured in the mains

2. Fit a triton T450i to the tank in the attic and boost a direct feed of water to the T80

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

Sorry to hear about misfortune. I'll take it pressure light is off now but shower refuses to heat up? If so then somethings faulty inside shower, could be thermostat or element. I'd say damage came about as a result of running shower to much while pressure light still on.

Your renting so call landlady and tell her about your situation, being left without shower more or less goes against rental agreement. Landlady is required by law to fix shower.

A single electric shower should run fine while household drawing more current, might be a case where another electric shower is fitted in other part of house. Having two elec showers in a house goes against regulation unless a breaker switch is installed preventing both showers from coming on at same time.

Get onto land lady asap so your showers sorted before guest arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭marinchik

Hi All,

thank you so much for your replies much appreciate!

My Landlady doesn't really refuse to get plumber in, it just wjen he gets someone I don't think they qulified, so they kinda guessing what might be the problem, so never gets sorted properly.

I never used shower when the pressure indicator was on as the water will be too cold and yes the light is off now.

I mentioned to her that I have sister staying with me for a week and she said she will notify people in the house that there will be another person using the shower. Not really solving the problem.

I know there is another electric shower in the main house, and he was experiencing problem too, but the first time that happened its seemed to be due to airlock and when first time around plumber fix that all went good for the house not me;-((

Thanks again

Advertisement