Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do ye think of this?

Options
  • 16-03-2010 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭

Maybe this is old news, but we do have a thread talking about a former student running for Fianna Fail back in 1999, so it isn't that old.

Look what Redmond is up to, the brazen chancer is running for the USI. I suppose it's not unexpected of him, he does have the neck for it. I like the bit on his political views: "liberal", should that not be neoliberal or Fianna Fail?;)

What do the rest of ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

USI is a waste of time and money. Even more so than the UCDSU. Fair f***s to Redmond. He knows how to play the system as is the same with all politicians so if he wants to head up the ladder best of luck to him. Either way its still only USI. Ill storm the winter palace when they actually make it into positions that affect other people !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Fianna Fail would struggle to put a label on their own political leanings. The vagueness of having "liberal" political views is a nice cop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭lemon_sherbert

To be honest, I find my UCD experience has been vastly improved by ignoring anything even remotely related to student politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

How does one vote against (not that I would advocate such an approach, you understand)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Zuffer wrote: »
    How does one vote against (not that I would advocate such an approach, you understand)?

I dont think you can. USI is a closed shop for voting. Let them have him, hopefully he will run whats left of the current student movement into the ground

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Grimes wrote: »
    USI is a waste of time and money. Even more so than the UCDSU. Fair f***s to Redmond. He knows how to play the system as is the same with all politicians so if he wants to head up the ladder best of luck to him. Either way its still only USI. Ill storm the winter palace when they actually make it into positions that affect other people !

Jeez you're very cynical in your old age Grimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

I think experience tends to do that... although without the Krondstadt sailors I don't think Grimes will get very far against the USI plutocracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I have found in UCD that anyone who does not want to be on the guestlist for D2 or get free condoms and become a SU hack is described as "cynical"....

but yeah I am old. Now get my slippers and order me some hookers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

I have found in UCD that anyone who does not want to be on the guestlist for D2 or get free condoms and become a SU hack is described as "cynical"....

I would count myself as one of those people and while i havent yet been described as cynical im definitely on the fringes of UCD society for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Offside

but yeah I am old. Now get my slippers and order me some hookers

I would apreciate directions to these non cynical hacks, my pocket is 6 euro lighter after paying into D2 tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement