Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scuffed bumper

• 16-03-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Some fúcker hit my car in a car park, and split without leaving a note. It's a 08 Focus, the rear reverse light is smashed and there are a few scuff marks on the bumper.

On an older Focus I had, there was an accident where the bumber was cracked and scraped and it involved a completely new bumper. Nay bother to me as it was going against the guys insurance that hit me, but obviously I can't get the person that hit me this time. The hotel where I was parked have said to send them on a quote and they'll see if they can help.

Whay I'm wondering is if there's any way this can be done on the cheap? I'm going to head out and get some quotes today, but can a DIY job be done on this? i.e. but a new light myself, fit it, and possibly touch up the scuffs myself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Maybe try paintdoctor on here with some pictures.

He's Cork based

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Thanks, I'm in Dublin so a bit of a trek for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Should be easy enough to get a new reverse light from a scap yard. I remember getting an entire unit including working bulbs for €30 from a scrap yard before. Not sure how easy it is on the 08 model, but on the 04 model, replacing the unit was as easy as changing a bulb (same process in fact).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

2 seconds on google

http://www.carbodyrepairs.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Tefral

when you say scuffs, is the paint completely down to the plastic/primer?

youd be suprised how well rubbing compund can remove scratches etc, maybe you could upload a photo of the damage ?

Halfords sell paint cans that you could flash in a bit of paint with and then laquer it yourself...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

try Auto Smart Systems, they're quite reasonable, also Carcraft.
    The older focuses had foam bumpers that were very hard to repair, I think the newer ones have normal plastic ones?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    try Auto Smart Systems, they're quite reasonable, also Carcraft.
    The older focuses had foam bumpers that were very hard to repair, I think the newer ones have normal plastic ones?

I can't believe auto smart systems actually run with the acronym ASS!
    Thannks for the suggestions folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Mr. Loon wrote: »
    I can't believe auto smart systems actually run with the acronym ASS!

Ha! There's coffee all over my keyboard now!! Just home from a long day of doing a boxster, and was cranky, completely cheered up now after seeing that. Cheers Loon :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Theanswers

Abit of Isopon, perspex filler, spray gun, sander and fix it yourself! Done it myself just last night... It's not as hard as you think and my bumper was badly damaged.

Update: Ford quote me €460 quid so they can go and **** themselves.
    I've ordered the replacement light online - €37 quid, and once I have that replaced I'll call out ASS or someone! :) Thanks for the help folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AutoSmartSystems are good, I've used them a good few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

consider yourself blessed......some fuk caused 2k worth of damage to my bm in the airport....took the side out of the car. currently in body shop.

Advertisement