Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&Q energy saving light bulbs

Options
  • 16-03-2010 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi,
    Was up in B&Q in Lisburn on Sunday, bought some 11w phillips light bulbs (60 w equivalent) for 10p each.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Thats about all they're worth.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

They had those bulbs in Tesco in edinburgh..50p each and they were 6 euro here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Got them in Sainsburys before for 10p each. Nothing wrong with them.
    Compare that to the chancers in the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

The energy companies in the UK subsidise them, which is why they are so cheap. As I learned one of the many previous times someone posted about them on here. Personally I'm waiting until the are 5p before I buy them. And I just wish the halogen MR16 replacement bulbs were as cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭gussieg

i got a load in tescos 3 for a pound, thought it was a real bargain, and it is compared to the prices charged down here. theyre subsidised by npower
    i got them in 23w (120 w ) 20w(100w) both screw and bayonet fitting,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

Haddockman wrote: »
    Got them in Sainsburys before for 10p each. Nothing wrong with them.
    Compare that to the chancers in the south.

The susbsidy from uk energy companies effectively means that the likes of B&Q / Homebase get paid for selling these.

Even if you were to go to china and buy a container of them, the cost would be far higher.

But as usual, finding out correct info doesn't stop people complaining about retailers in south.

Advertisement