Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resonance of Fate

Options
  • 16-03-2010 12:17pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Well here's a surprise. Looks like it's getting excellent reviews and is meant to be excellent.

Just what I need another sleeper hit to follow Metro 2033 when I haven't even the money for FF13 :'(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I enjoyed the demo but I was left a little sceptical of how interesting the battle system would be for more than the hour I spent with it. Had a look at the Eurogamer review just now, jaysus that's some high praise! I can't afford to get this right now but it is on my list of summer bargain purchases. I'm sure it'll be €20 from TheHut or Amazon in no time.

It's nice to see Tri-Ace get back in the game after what I've been led to believe were some lacklustre games. I'll be picking up Star Ocean 4 at some point as well.

I'm really enjoying this year, we've had a trickle of JRPGs coming out and then a bunch of them come out all at once! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Nolan North is in it...and that's about all I know. The screenshots make it look pretty good, but it's kind of a mad time to release any J-RPG. You'd think they'd avoid main FF titles by 6 months or so!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Is there a game that Nolan North isn't in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭xeni

Been looking forward to it for a while now and it's nice to see it getting good reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Is there a game that Nolan North isn't in?

Final Fantasy XIII? In an interview, he said that if you got sick of him in 2009, you'd be really sick of him in 2010! The only place I found his voice jarring was the Dark Void demo.

On topic, as GothPunk said, RoF will get cheap quick. That'll be the time to buy! Unless J-RPGs get a sudden surge in popularity because of FFXIII, but that seems unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I think I remember hearing about this, apparently it has a really complicated battle system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Mr. K wrote: »
    Final Fantasy XIII? In an interview, he said that if you got sick of him in 2009, you'd be really sick of him in 2010! The only place I found his voice jarring was the Dark Void demo.

On topic, as GothPunk said, RoF will get cheap quick. That'll be the time to buy! Unless J-RPGs get a sudden surge in popularity because of FFXIII, but that seems unlikely.

he was in FFXIII as additional voices

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

he was in FFXIII as additional voices

I heard he just got edged out to do the voice of Vanille....what could have been, what could have been :rolleyes: .

on to RoF, I am liking the info coming out of reviews, really liked the demo dispite not having a damn clue what was going on half the time. A game to pick up during the summer lul when it inevitabley drops to the bargain bins....which is quite sad, the current "proper" JRPG release is overshadowed by the cut-down animated film with the FF brand slapped onto it :(

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    on to RoF, I am liking the info coming out of reviews, really liked the demo dispite not having a damn clue what was going on half the time. A game to pick up during the summer lul when it inevitabley drops to the bargain bins....which is quite sad, the current "proper" JRPG release is overshadowed by the cut-down animated film with the FF brand slapped onto it :(

Its SEGA. If it isn;t a really shít Sonic game, then its sent to die.

True...

*strokes copy of VC*

• Advertisement

I can't wait to see Nolan North's version of this scene

Hahaha love that scene, has the same level of randomness you need from Japanese games :D

EDIT: Gametrailers review is up, if only to see 8 minutes of the game.

And I think, yes, he does say "Pussay" at 4:22 :p

Nolan North version of that scene.

for people wondering, that scene is about the world dying around them but the people in power are only concerned about their own pleasures e.g. the bottle of wine.

Bahahaha even better when you understand what he says.....

RoF just jumped to "Must Buy" status :P

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

from the reviews i have read this is definitely on the must buy list. hate the simplicity and lack of depth in ff13. ROF sounds right up my alley

So who got it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

I got it today, its bloody brilliant. The battle system takes a while to get used to but once you get past that its fantastic, + there are alot of side quests :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Im really really looking forward to this. Unfortunately i have Star Ocean Last Hope International, FFXIII and Heavy Rain to play through :o still think ill buy it next week though. It looks intriguing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭ussjtrunks

now here is something funny, I was on a mission to a power station in chapter 2 and the power went out in my house lol :D.. lol

Picked this up, was a tie between RoF and Pokemon HeartGold (my friend was in town with me and got SoulSilver and was bugging me to get it). prices are crazy across Dublin, its €58 in HMV Grafton St but only €45 in HMV Henry St :confused:

Look forward to giving it a spin tomorrow, I needs my Mass Effect 2 fix right now :P

• Advertisement

Yep HMV was crazy.

I went into Henry st and seen it was 44.99. There was a queue and I got a call to meet someone on grafton st so I thought I'd pick it up there.

The sticker said 58.99. I said it yo the guy and he gave it to me for 44.99

Well its started already, Zavvi have the game on 360 and PS3 for €35 for today only....knew I should have got Pokemon and waited for this to drop in price :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Went to buy it today, 58 fecking quid, no thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's less than €30 delived on Zavvi today on both PS3 and 360 - http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/ps3/resonance-of-fate/10074062.html

Last time I buy a sega game at release :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

This looks really interesting...i know my next game now!

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Its avarage, you shot a few million guys in fancy style and power level all u can.
    Weapons upgrade are the best part in this game thought.

I would wait till this game is 20ish and get segas other game valkyria chronicles which has alrady gone down, Resonance of Fate is useless when compared to valkyria chronicles.

p.s: If I know valkyria chronicles was as good as it is, I would of gotten it on the release date.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Flaregon wrote: »
    p.s: If I know valkyria chronicles was as good as it is, I would of gotten it on the release date.

Nobody listens to me. I've been singing that games praise since last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Just checked out the valkyria chronicles gameplay...looks very different from most jrpgs. Story looks like it might be bit more interesting and mature, whats the character development like?

I like the 3D textures , kinda reminds me bit of Appleseed. Although in the trailer it had comic book font appear when guns were been shot off...looked kinda stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

carbonkid wrote: »
    Just checked out the valkyria chronicles gameplay...looks very different from most jrpgs. Story looks like it might be bit more interesting and mature, whats the character development like?

I like the 3D textures , kinda reminds me bit of Appleseed. Although in the trailer it had comic book font appear when guns were been shot off...looked kinda stupid.

Its not an rpg in the normal sense, it based in an alterntive world war 2, it all about tatics,the character development is well done and if you watch the anime you get a good sense of the story.
    here is an example from chapter 4, that will show u how the game play works.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nobody listens to me. I've been singing that games praise since last year.
    Happens, but its there losses not yours and seeing as its only 17euro in HMV(may of gone up) it worth a shot.

Advertisement