Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5D MarkII firmware 2.0.3 is out

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

I'm downloading it at the moment from here:

http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/firm-e/eos5dmk2/download.html?submitButtonName=I+Agree

Very slow download speeds at the moment. File is 9.4mb in size so should not take too long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

Yup thats the same one I keep getting timed out on. Ill keep trying, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

You have had to wait this long, why not just give it a few days when there won't be as big a rush to download it.

because i'm very impatient :D

A small bit of impatience, and also there will be plenty of testing opportunities on St Patricks Day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I knew it was out today but being the forgetful fck that I am...much appreciated for the reminder. :)

Finally got it! I can upload it, if anyone is stuck or particularly frustrated like I was.

Canon didn't handle the firmware release very well by having it available from one single location. They should at least made it available in some of the countries where bandwidth is decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭DotOrg

only took me a few seconds to download, but i downloaded the mac version dunno if that made a difference. trying it out now. seems the 30fps option is now completely gone, only 24 or 25 to choose from

I'd say the mac version would not get near as many hits as windows. The 30fps option is now 29.97 and is only available if NTSC is used.

• Advertisement

I stuck it up on Rapidshare if anyone wants it.
    http://rapidshare.com/files/364265247/eos5d2203.exe.html

Little issues being reported alright but the main one is this..
    Recently we have discovered a malfunction that occurs with Firmware Version 2.0.3, in which the manual recording levels for C1/C2/C3 are changed and the camera becomes unable to record audio if the power is turned off (or if Auto power off takes effect) after registering "Sound Recording: Manual" in the camera user settings.
    We apologize very sincerely for the inconvenience, but we are going to stop making this firmware available for download. For customers who have already updated to the new firmware, when using the camera with the mode dial set to C1/C2/C3, please either set the sound recording settings to Auto.
    We are currently preparing firmware that will correct this malfunction. As soon as those preparations have been completed, we will let you know on this Web site. In the meantime, we apologize for the inconvenience this represents, but please wait until the fixed firmware is ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

It's not a bug in the software. It's a phenomenon.

From the Canon website.
    "Canon always strives to provide the highest quality products to our customers. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience these phenomena may have caused."

Not a badly designed, built and tested patch. :pac:

That is amazing, the patch was a long time in development, surely they had time for proper testing. What a way to annoy your customers.

New 2.0.4 Firmware released today.
    http://web.canon.jp/imaging/eosd/firm-e/eos5dmk2/firmware.html

You can try and get it from Canon or you can get it Here

Advertisement