Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows remote login solutions

Options
  • 16-03-2010 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I need a solution for remote login that bypasses all the usual BS (firewalls, anti-virus, etc) in order to provide support to folks who are not at all tech-savvy.

The ones I know best are Fog Creek Co-pilot of Joel summer of code fame, and LogMeIn. PCanywhere used to be big back in the day, don't know how it goes now.

What do you use and recommend? Any tips?

Cheers,
    Alastair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

I've used LogMeIn for a few setups. Seems to work will with firewalls etc, nice and responsive. The free version works fine for me, but perhaps some of the features of the paid versions might be required in your case. TeamViewer is another app I've experienced. Quite user friendly, and you can use it without having to install anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

crossloop
    they need to be at their desk top though

vnc?

Advertisement