Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless problem.

Options
  • 16-03-2010 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have two eircom netopia 2247 routers and bt broadband. Have tried both routers and have broadband through ethernet on my desktop and wireless connection to a squeezbox. However my laptop will only connect intermittently, if at all. I can see the wireless network but cannot get a steady connection to it. Both these routers have been in use before in two locations and I had no problem connecting to them.

My laptop is a Dell Precision M4400 with a Dell 1510 Wireless-N Mini-card. I haven't changed any settings on my laptop recently but have updated my AVG antivirus which caused a few problems in other applications so I'm wondering if maybe it is to blame here as well. Have tried disabling the antivirus and firewall but still no joy.

Any ideas anyone. Head wrecked here.

KNX..

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you tried connecting your laptop in any other wireless location?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

Hi Dub45,

I haven't tried since this problem arose but will try today at some stage and report back.

Thanks and happy paddys day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭knx

Hi,

So I have tried the laptop in another location and got a connection. It was slow enough but steady none the less. Back at my own place have tried turning off security completely but still nothing. I have the squeezbox in the same room but further away from the router and it works perfectly, no buffering or anything like that. I can see the neighbours routers and my own but can only get intermittent connections. I'm thinking something is up with the wireless card in the laptop. I think I'm gonna unistall the device completely and then reinstall. Any opinions on this ????

Thanks..

Advertisement