Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Social Clubs for People in their 30's

• 16-03-2010 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi, I am trying to find social clubs or events in my area of Enniskerry because I would love to meet new people my age to do indoor or outdoor activities. I grew up in Greystones so if anybody knows of any clubs in Greystones or either Bray please let me know !

Look forward to hearing from men and women that are in Clubs themselves or are like me that want to join one and meet new people.

Thanks

Julie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

I dont know any clubs in Bray/Graystones area, but the Wicklow Mountains Kayak club is based around the Laragh/Glendalough area or if it's handier just head up the M50 to Wild Water Kayak Club, which is on the Strawberry beds, near Chapelizod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Deep Blue Sea Kayak - based in Kilmacanogue.
    Good mix of people there - usually meet quite regularly in The Club, Dalkey.

Might be worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Jules1977

Thanks a mil. I will check it out. I just want to extend my circle of friends. Sounds good.:)

Oh yeah any idea who I should ask for Re: Deep Blue Sea Kayak. That sounds interesting so worth a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Deep Blue Sea Kayaking is'nt a club. It's a course and equipment provider run by a chap called Des Keaney. He is however involved with the East Coast Sea Kayaking club who run meets out of Dalkey/Bray and occasionally northside. PM me if you'd like details.

• Advertisement

Oh right thanks for that info. I would like to check it out so if you have any more details that would be great

Hi Julie,
    All the contact information, along with the schedule of club meets can be found at www.ecskc.eu. There is usually at least one meet a week (weekend) and wednesday evenings from April. There are also regular club socials. Hope this helps-Greg

Hi Greg,
    Thats great. Are you a member yourself?

For my sins, yes I am.

Me too - just need to get my subs in.

Deep Blue though is how I got into it all though - took their 2 day weekend beginners course. Quite a few dropped out after the 1st day. But those that stayed with it really enjoyed it.

There are other groups offering training around the place as well.

www.deepblueseakayaking.com - Des is the name of the guy who runs them.

• Advertisement

So guys, any women members? :-) I ahvent had a chance to contact the guy that runs it but should I be scared when I arrive to a meeting all on my lonesome !:(

Yup - quite a good mix.
    My OH does it too.

Des also has some female instructors - but it depends who is free on the day.

Have to say everyone I have met has been really nice, just wish I lived closer so I could get out more. The social evenings and AGMs that I have made it to have been good - but to be honest - I don't cope too well in crowds. All the same - everyone has always made me feel welcome. Both in the training classes and the club meets.

Good mix of ages, skills etc - it is cool really - each trip I have talked to different people, some real varied interests, and on top of all that just a few minutes from a city you are in a wilderness, surrounded by seals, porpoises etc.

Advertisement