Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interior Wall Paint

Options
  • 16-03-2010 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi, can anyone recommend a good place in Galway City to buy interior wall paint? I really don't want to go to B&Q or Atlantic Homecare/Woodies. Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭stellarartois

why dont you want to go there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

there is a place in Liosban behind the Ulster Bank?..think their called Kellys...they used to have a shop out the front beside TopPart years ago but have retreated back.
    Mainly used by those in the trade..painters, decorators etc.. but I got Interior paint in there last year no problem and the guys in there know their stuff!
    No idea of opening hours but i presume normal trade hours apply

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Mr (un)Just says Flaherty's, Woodquay.

Beside/near the Goal Post.

Locally owned, family run business.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

Best place and good prices is crown trade on the Tuam road, its the first left as you come off the roundabout at Bohermore. Its down beside a joinery, kind of hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Hi, can anyone recommend a good place in Galway City to buy interior wall paint? I really don't want to go to B&Q or Atlantic Homecare/Woodies. Thanks in advance for any suggestions :)

Madness to stay away from the big stores, they practically giving away paint last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭brainyneuron

alibabba wrote: »
    Madness to stay away from the big stores, they practically giving away paint last few weeks.

True, there are some great offers out there for savvy shoppers (Disclaimer:I work in one of the above shops :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Higgins on Shantalla Road has a good variety of interior paints.Unless it's changed radically it's a pretty old school Hardware Shop.Don't expect any smiley young shop assistants waiting on you hand and foot:)
    McDonaghs always used to have a good range of paints too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

There's also a place opposite Mc Donagh's-between Eastern Electric and Flaherty Markets called B&C paints. Not sure if they are just trade though

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

chilly wrote: »
    it's a pretty old school Hardware Shop.Don't expect any smiley young shop assistants waiting on you hand and foot:)

... or even working between 1 and 2.

Advertisement