Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hazelwood Grove Celbridge

Options
  • 16-03-2010 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Went looking at this new estate at the weekend. Looks good, nice houses, small estate and the prices arent bad.

Just wonder if anyone had any views on the estate in particular or the land it is being built on or surrounding areas?

This is our first home so want it to be perfect

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭charlesanto

i live across the road in primrose gate and am happy out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

that area is nice...that estate isnt so good. did you see the size of the garden /sitting room for the 4 bed house? not good enough for a family house from what i saw. Also for an estate that is supposed to be luxurious i wasnt impressed by the finish...very bad- i'd expect the showhouse to be immacculate (espec now when houses are more difficult to sell)

the biggest thing the estate has going for it is that the houses are a good size (not the best laid out though -staircases are very narrow!)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mattysgolfing

I apologise for the rant but need to defend my new house

Well i have recently bought one of the 4 bed-semi's for 307.5k and i think that the houses are superb value for money. Standard features include solar panels. The house has 2 en-suites and a main bathroom plus a toilet downstairs how is this not a suitable house for a family?

The main bedroom is 29m2 not including en-suite, guest room 13.5m2 not including en suite, 13.5m2 for 3rd bedroom and 7m2 for small bedroom. These are generous to say the least.

The main living room is 19m2 which isn't small and the kitchen Diner is also of a similar size. The 4 bed showroom happens to have an extremely small garden as it backs onto some sort of generator for hazelhatch, if you spent two minutes to look at the map you would see it is the smallest garden by some clear margin on the estate and this is compensated by the large driveway and front garden. You could fit 3/4 cars in the driveway. I am sure when this house sell it will be at a discount as the Garden is small.

http://hazelwood-celbridge.com/siteplan.html this shows the garden for plot 1

Well as for the non-sensical approach to summising the house saying it was not looking so luxurious, well some estates spend 30k on the showhouse but it's unrealistic as people can't afford to spend this much on their house. So the showhouse is a realistic house in an affordable market.

Well the proof is in the pudding, all the houses sold in 2 weekends and now to reserve the next phase it is 5k more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

I apologise for the rant but need to defend my new house

Well i have recently bought one of the 4 bed-semi's for 307.5k and i think that the houses are superb value for money. Standard features include solar panels. The house has 2 en-suites and a main bathroom plus a toilet downstairs how is this not a suitable house for a family?

The main bedroom is 29m2 not including en-suite, guest room 13.5m2 not including en suite, 13.5m2 for 3rd bedroom and 7m2 for small bedroom. These are generous to say the least.

The main living room is 19m2 which isn't small and the kitchen Diner is also of a similar size. The 4 bed showroom happens to have an extremely small garden as it backs onto some sort of generator for hazelhatch, if you spent two minutes to look at the map you would see it is the smallest garden by some clear margin on the estate and this is compensated by the large driveway and front garden. You could fit 3/4 cars in the driveway. I am sure when this house sell it will be at a discount as the Garden is small.

http://hazelwood-celbridge.com/siteplan.html this shows the garden for plot 1

Well as for the non-sensical approach to summising the house saying it was not looking so luxurious, well some estates spend 30k on the showhouse but it's unrealistic as people can't afford to spend this much on their house. So the showhouse is a realistic house in an affordable market.

Well the proof is in the pudding, all the houses sold in 2 weekends and now to reserve the next phase it is 5k more.

Spot the developer I think ??

Yeah im the developer who just sold all the houses for sale!!!

Why would i then need to defend them afterwards?

I got nothing to gain, just think before you speak.

I am a genuine house buyer trying to defend his turf.

• Advertisement

As i have posted on other baords forums:

Anyone else bought on the site?

What did you get and any ideas for the flooring and fireplace?

Anyone know a better estimate on move in dates?

Yeah im the developer who just sold all the houses for sale!!!

Why would i then need to defend them afterwards?

I got nothing to gain, just think before you speak.

I am a genuine house buyer trying to defend his turf.

Matty , to me it looked more like an advert than anything else that's all

If you are not the developer , then welcome to Celbridge , I like it .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Matty , to me it looked more like an advert than anything else that's all

Then report the post, don't pull the thread off in another direction :)

Well thankyou, i look forward to going to the Mucky Duck or whereevr it is people go for drinks!

Just wondering which pub a liverpool fan would want to be going hope the town isn't full of Manc's that would be a nightmare but sure i'd get over it.

Any recomendations of places for food and drink?

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Then report the post, don't pull the thread off in another direction :)

Fair enough , my apologies

• Advertisement

Well thankyou, i look forward to going to the Mucky Duck or whereevr it is people go for drinks!

Just wondering which pub a liverpool fan would want to be going hope the town isn't full of Manc's that would be a nightmare but sure i'd get over it.

Any recomendations of places for food and drink?

For footie the Village inn is best

Horse Racing , O'connors
    Golf , Speaker

Thankyou very much, I am also a keen golfer and was wondering what golf course in the area are worth there salt for memberships. I know the recession has meant good deals for membership but i am completely new to the area and don't know where to be looking.

If anyone is a member of a golf club or played the regions tracks, any suggestions on where to look.

Thanks for all your help

muchly appreciated :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Fellani

I had two offers for this estate rejected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 bunyip123

Sorry to hear you had offers rejected ....but...its interesting. They are advertising like mad everywhere, and there were plenty of articles from the EA saying they had sold 1st phase, & previous poster said the same.
    Is this the 2nd phase being sold now?

I'm soon in the market as a FTB but would no way in this world pay the list price there.
    Particularly from this developer, whose build standard would leave a lot to be desired in my book. I lived in some of the other estates up the way, falling apart after a couple of years. They look lovely/luxurious/ styled, but the basic workmanship is pretty poor in my opinion. Doors hung crooked, skirting board gaps, the usual sloppy finish. It was very noticeable in the showhouses. Fair enough it was probably rushed for opening, but their other estates are the same.

also, love how the Hazelwood website shows Carton house in the 'amenities' section...Carton is in maynooth... oh i do love their attention to detail :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 annmariem

i live in hazelhatch park estate next door, have a good size two bed, the same developmemt building, its a lovely area great for kids also.. would never move

You had two offers rejected?

Is this at the list price or your own bid?

What was the reson for the rejection and was this the 2nd phase you're talking about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ciaracelbridge

I am also buying in Hazelwood and think it is a fab development. As for golf courses i am from celbridge and used to be a member of Celbridge Elm Hall, a small but nice 9 hole golf course which is about 2 mins from hazelwood. Then i joined Castlewarden golf course which is about 15mins away and is a really good, nice but tough course. Not sure about membership fees tho, i know its come down an awful lot in recent years!

When you meant to be moving in?

We've been told September as were the later end of phase 1 but we met a couple who been told July, there's is nearly finsihed as we speak. Can't wait till we're in hopefully some BBQ weather left in the year before the winter hits. Get a good feel for this estate and the people going to live there, seems like all FTB, and young should grow into a nice estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ciaracelbridge

We've bought in second phase so won't be until start of next year i'd say! We'll have to wait to do our BBQ's nxt summer! Ye we're FTB's too and i know of a good few other FTB's that have bought theres so thats good!

So did you get given an estimated move in date?

I see people on the forum had offers rejected not sure what that mean? They not taking any more offers or arn't prepared to take less than asking price. I think the estate should have a good atmosphere from the couples i've seen down there so far. Nice estate but not too big and daunting. Great space in the houses i think these were a real catch, spent over a year looking at houses and within seconds my mind was made up on them.

Im sure there will be plenty of BBQ's going on in the estate and neighbours will get to know each other pretty quickly hope there no knakers in the estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭w@ll3gurl

Im sure there will be plenty of BBQ's going on in the estate and neighbours will get to know each other pretty quickly hope there no knakers in the estate.

Well at least new residents will know now that there are judgemental, golf playing, BBQ eating snobs going to be living there anyway!!! Jesus! :rolleyes:

w@ll3gurl wrote: »
    Well at least new residents will know now that there are judgemental, golf playing, BBQ eating snobs going to be living there anyway!!! Jesus! :rolleyes:

Well who's the one being judgemental calling golfers and people who have BBQ's snobs, I'm sure no1 wants to buy houses in an estate where there are neighbours who are anti-social and gunna cause conflict. Just saying all the neighbours i met so far seem nice and hope it continues that way, just want a harmonious estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭w@ll3gurl

Well who's the one being judgemental calling golfers and people who have BBQ's snobs, I'm sure no1 wants to buy houses in an estate where there are neighbours who are anti-social and gunna cause conflict. Just saying all the neighbours i met so far seem nice and hope it continues that way, just want a harmonious estate.

Fair enough what you said there about me being judgemental, but just the k** word is so ignorant and rude, it makes me see red. anyway I'm dragging thread off topic so I'll sod off now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Pud27

Hi, I know this discussion ended a while ago, but I was recently looking at these house's, and am very very interested in them - the 4 bed end of terrace for €295,000. I was just wondering are people really paying these prices or can we offer less. I am mortgage approved, and already own my own home, but I am falling short on the €295,000.
    Also there are still about 6 or 7 homes still available in phase 1, I noticed alot of people saying it was sold out - this is not the case.

Really appreciate a bit of feed back!

Well i can tell you that in the 1st Phase there were 16 houses, 12 In my street The Park (2 Semi's) and then 4 Semi's in the street behind The Green. As far as i am aware there are 5 out of 6 Semi's sold and 4 of them ppl living in. So there is 1 semi left, In regards to the other 10 houses 2 are showhouses, and there is only 2 left, 1 i think has sold because the builder have being doing work on it so maybe just the one left so out of 16 houses just 2 are empty.

I got a Semi and paid the full 307,500 for it. Now they are selling the Semi for 309,500!

Also the End of terrace was 292,500 originally and mid terrace was 260k now 265k

So in regards to haggling i'd say maybe they'd allow you to haggle down to the original price but i would be unsure about much more.

Patrick the Foreman is a nice guy and does a good job on the snag.

Phase 2 is is the process and houses flying up, i heard they'd sold a few already but not too sure how many.

So good luck with things, any questions just ask!!!

Thanks for the reply.
    I stand corrected :), I just double checked the list I was given - there is 3 house's in phase 1 still available , plus the two showhomes - which I was told will be for sale soon also.
    Have people been able to make changes to the exsisting plan. For example if you are buying off the plans can I ask for the bathroom to be made bigger or smaller....
    I was thinking in the 4 bed's the downstairs bathroom was quite big, and the utility room very small.

Well i agree with you on the Sbathroom being large downstairs and the utility being being small. To be fair though the Utility is plenty big enough for the job we don't find it trouble at all, the downstairs is a good size and nice for guests.

I'm sure if you ask about the possibility to change the plans they might consider it.

Also we got them to install all the white goods you see in the showhouse and at a very good price, saves hassle.

As i said they only have 2 left then if you said there was 3 because i am sure one has sold in the last week.

This is my first house and i couldn't be any more delighted with the purchase, think in this market its great value, you get a lot of house for your money.

They are a good price, but in the current market it really is a buyers market.... so I think we can try bargain down, well I can hpe and try!!
    As I really do like the house's & estate.
    I am selling my own home, and I have accepted the fact that I will be offered alot less than the asking. One on my road was up for €345,000 and sold for €310,00.

I am sure you got sorted while back with the golf course, but the best I know in the area is Kileen golf club - it is in Sallins, but it is located on the back roads from Straffan to the N7

I agree it is a buyers market,

I had been looking for 2 years before i bought this and was offering 360k for a 420k house new build.

But when i seen the size of these houses for the money i knew they'd sell quickly. I bought the house on opeing day 5 mins before they were officially on sale and 3 had sold already. This just proofed that if priced correctly things will sell.

People these days want 300k for there 2nd hand house so put it up for 350k knowing they will be happy to negotiate down.

I think this builder was no fool and decided to price to sell. I think there maybe some slight movement on the houses but maplewood developments are a sturdy business (Solicitor's words) so they not desperate to sell, I think you might get some extra's chucked in but as for a big decrease in the sale price i am sceptical.

Let the forum know what deal you get or if you get refused.

Would keep people informed

PS I heard a rumour that they are not planning on building the Apt's as they don't think they will sell in this market, so the estate should be all houses. Another good thing is the estate is small and won't ever be a ghost estate if the economy gets even worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

As for golf courses in the area you are spoiled for choice as there are many that are easily reached within 30 minutes driving. Lucan and Millicent in Clane are well worth including when golf hunting.

Advertisement