Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Performed Windows XP Recovery, All Info gone

Options
  • 16-03-2010 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi

My Windows XP was acting up the other day so I performed a Non-Destructive Windows Recovery, the thing is I don't think I selected a user profile to save and now all my info seems to be gone. Is there any comeback from this situation, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Hi

My Windows XP was acting up the other day so I performed a Non-Destructive Windows Recovery, the thing is I don't think I selected a user profile to save and now all my info seems to be gone. Is there any comeback from this situation, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Check under c:\documents & settings\ to see if a profile still exists under the old username.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BUCK_HENDERSHOT

I will have a look and see and I will let you know how I get on, thanks for the reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BUCK_HENDERSHOT

Hi, there Spear, I did as you said and found one user profile, thanks very much, does this mean though that all the other info on the PC from shared folders and other user profiles etc is gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 macnerdy

Hello,
    No the shared info is still there its just that the links tying them all together is gone or at least all backed up onto a folder. Can you provide info on what exactly you need to reconnect to?

Advertisement