Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2000 Honda CRV Electric window motor.

Options
  • 16-03-2010 1:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm currently looking to replace a broken drivers side electric window motor on a 2000 Honda CRV, damn impending doom of the NCT is approaching so I finally have to get it fixed. Will be nice to have it done for our fast approaching tropical summer :P

Anyway, back on subject! I've rang a few dealers and best price I've gotten is €280 + VAT. And to be honest I can't afford that much!

None of the scrap yards seem to have them either so I'm plumb out of luck so far!

What I was wondering is if anyone knows does the CRV share it's electric window motor with any other Hondas? EG; Civic, Accord etc.....

Would appreciate if someone could give some advice on this. And, I know its a long shot, but if anyone happens to have the motor I will certainly pay a decent price!

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Traynors in NI. You're sure it's the motor and not switch/relay/fuse etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭kingbrumak

Tried Traynors, they don't have them (not very often that happens!). It's definitley the motor, an electrician mate had a look at it for me.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220486933461

There are other cheaper options on there too, but you'd have to get on to the sellers (eg one lad is selling a whole door for 50 quid)

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~motor~assy~72215-S30-A01.html

US-based so may not be 100% accurate. Same motor could be in 4D Civic and Prelude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭kingbrumak

Cheers JHMeg, that e-bay one looks mint! Might go for that, it's certainly better than being robbed by the dealers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I saw some new ones on Ebay last wek for £65.
    Check them out ;)

kingbrumak wrote: »
    Cheers JHMeg, that e-bay one looks mint! Might go for that, it's certainly better than being robbed by the dealers!

I would take out your motor and go to your local breaker and see if the one from the 4D Civic is the same. If so, it's prolly not gonna set you back more than 20 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭vectra

JHMEG wrote: »
    I would take out your motor and go to your local breaker and see if the one from the 4D Civic is the same. If so, it's prolly not gonna set you back more than 20 quid.

I got one out of a 4 door civic (1993) took the motor off and fitted it to my sons 1997 3 Door civic
    Worked perfect.

Advertisement