Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

targets

Options
  • 16-03-2010 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi folks ,
    would anyone know of some place in this isle of ours that wont rip you off for the paper rifle targets (CF and you know the flake away kind ).

If no one knows of any, let me know the makes and I can normally get some things ordered in the states and posted over to me.

If anyone else wants to order I will let ye know
    Dar

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

You probabally already know that there are some good websites that allow you to download free targets. I use these and print them of on decent paper/card. The sight and see are good but free is better:D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭demonloop

Birchwood Casey Shoot N C?

I used to sell them on a well known auction site, but they weren't that popular

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

where do ye get yer targets, i looked on MYTARGETS and cant seem to print them or copy them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Darr

thanks guys ,
    DL i ordered some on the well known site just a little while back .. will see how I get on .
    Dar

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Feidhlim Dignan

my mam is a primary school teacher, so i get all my targets photocopied for me :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

my mam is a primary school teacher, so i get all my targets photocopied for me

Now that's what I call a productive use of our tax dollars!:D:rolleyes:
    So know we know that at least one shooter is getting something back from the state in support of their sporting endevours!;)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Kryten

Problem is for CF rifle open sights at 200+ yards, the printed out A4 targets are too small. Sure I can hit them because I m great :D:D. Seriously though, even 25meter pistol requires at least A3,and thats just for the centers.

If there was a friendly print firm who could copy the JPEG format targets and print them out on the correct size, and not charge the earth, that would be great.

When you start mail ordering targets, you are creased on the postage costs, due to the weight of decent targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭jamesomara

Go to the store and pick up a pack of paper plates (10" to start) and a stapler.

Don't spend a lot of money on expensive targets. Instead, spend the cash on a spotting scope or binoculars that you can use during hunting season as well.

For hunters: get yourself a color that is as close to earth tone as possible. Avoid the red's and orange colors as they will be too obvious and easy to acquire. If you are shooting for taget practice, put a cross hair with a black marker down the middle.

Once you master the 10" work your way down to smaller sizes.

Plates are so easy to stick up with a stapler.

If there is a party store in the area, they should have orange plates.

Otherwise, stock up around Halloween.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭SpringerF

I use

http://www.targetz.com/

There are quite a few programs out there that will enlarge the image.
    If your lucky enough to have the right size printer then away with you.
    If not, most print works will do the job for you for small money.
    My local print shop does them for me, its totally legit. to use these images in this fashion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

All the free targets (plus lots of other really informative reading) you could ever want: CLICK HERE

You will need a printer of course.

Happy printing and shooting :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement