Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amatuer rankings???

• 16-03-2010 1:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Only just joined but have been reading the boards for a while now and was just wondering if there should be some sort of ranking for amatuer fighters??
    All the rankings seem to be geared towards pro fighters only,i just think that the lower class levels deserve a bit of credit for their hard work as well,boxing has it so why not mma???
    Its only an idea ,,What do yous think??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭roo1981

Think Mark's MMA league table is as good as you'll find being honest, theres a link somewhere out there on the interweb but I cant find it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mma siam

is that for d class???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

mma siam wrote: »
    All the rankings seem to be geared towards pro fighters only, boxing has it so why not mma???

No it does'nt-only the top lads know where there at and thats by winning titles, most amateurs would not have rankings or know where there at.

Its hard enough to know the pro fighters never mind the amateur fighters, i was on the rankings panel and dont know any amateur fighters bar my own and a few clubs that i would know well..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

my mistake sorry,,, no problem was just a thought,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Only just joined but have been reading the boards for a while now and was just wondering if there should be some sort of ranking for amatuer fighters??
    All the rankings seem to be geared towards pro fighters only,i just think that the lower class levels deserve a bit of credit for their hard work as well,boxing has it so why not mma???
    Its only an idea ,,What do yous think??

as roo said you could get a decent idea from the MMA League tables, on the League Website, the league is no head shots standing or on the ground. Its about as close a resource as you will get to an Irish ranking for that level of fighter as most clubs around the country participate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

my mistake sorry,,, no problem was just a thought,,,

no mistake dude, just means you know how difficult it would be now..
    putting questions out there is good, keep it up

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

The EFR have a set of Amateur Titles in C-Class. That would tell you who are up there in each division. But a ranking system Titles are not.
    Also i think there are too many Amateur fighters around to make a ranking system lots dip in and fight do well and are never seen again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

How about Teenage rankings? :)

thanks ill have a look at them just wondering who the top guys at lower levels in the country would be,i think c class guys dont get enough credit ,all the talk is usually about the pros..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

thanks ill have a look at them just wondering who the top guys at lower levels in the country would be,i think c class guys dont get enough credit ,all the talk is usually about the pros..
    It's alot harder to judge amatuers without having the headshots. It usually gives people from grappling backrounds a heavy edge

• Advertisement
Advertisement