Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hooters Opening in Ireland

• 16-03-2010 2:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 946 ✭✭✭

Hey guys and girls,

Dont know if this has been posted already but seems that hooters are coming to Cork, official site here Offical Hooters Cork Site, looking to move in where Redz was apparently.

They have a facebook page where they are looking for girls to apply online, saying that they want there first barmaid to be hired through facebook.

Facebook Page

Wonder will it survive any better than Stringfellows did in Dubin?
    Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Mmmmmm, hooters:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I'm sure there are plenty of tits in Cork for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Hooters for langers :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

(.)(.) <
    can i apply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Was in one in Bern, disappointing.

Too family orientated and not enough any tits on show

• Advertisement

You're hired!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Facebook,

Pizzt.

Bebo Stunners is where they should start. Nothing but self absorbed tits and ass round there that'd get it out for a shiny new penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Finally, I'll be able to bring my son to a proper nudie bar like my hero Al Bundy!

*SWOON*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I heard it was being called "Howyas"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I had never been to Hooters before until last year . I always wanted to go and last year myself and my girlfriend were in florida an I decided its now or never.
    We went in and sat down. I was waiting for some hot chick with giant boobs to serve us but no.....the one time I actually go our waitress is old, wrinkly, a hillbilly, and heavily pregnant. :mad:
    My girlfriend thought this was hilarious..............I didnt :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Its opening in Cork, not Finglas!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Would you trust a facebook page thats says we will open if we get enough support. so in four weeks.

Then asks girls to send them pictures so they can decide if they should get a job :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Kiera wrote: »

"Howya Boiiii"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Finally, I'll be able to bring my son to a proper nudie bar like my hero Al Bundy!

*SWOON*
    I think you'll be disappointed :) the best thing about hooters are the chicken wings, and even they are crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

(.)(.) <
    can i apply?

Hired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

Why Cork??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Ha, Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The girls that work in Hooters are too ugly to be models and too unclassy to be waitresses

The girls that work in Hooters are too ugly to be models and too unclassy to be waitresses

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

God, can't wait for this to open.
    The birds are so hot there .. http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/04_03/owlsSLNT0305_468x284.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Are motorboats on the menu?

Bonito wrote: »
    Are motorboats on the menu?
    Probably showing my ignorance here, but what's a motorboat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Wait till the moany frumps in Ladies Lounge hear about THIS :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

(.)(.) <
    can i apply?

You can work at Raisins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Wait till the moany frumps in Ladies Lounge hear about THIS :D

WAIT till the double standards brigade start moaning about the position being open only to FEMALES :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

*SWOON*

So your not going to hooters then :pac:

Probably showing my ignoranceinnocence here, but what's a motorboat?
    FYP ;)

Urban dictionary
    v. int. The act of pushing one's face in between two ample breasts, and rocking one's head side to side very rapidly while making a vigorous, lip-vibrating "brrr" sound.

n. The sound produced when doing a motorboat.
    Wouldn't you love to see Meatloaf motorboat Barbara Bush?

Probably showing my ignorance here, but what's a motorboat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

*SWOON*

Peg,

I'm goin' to Hooters!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Same type of place, different location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

Hooters is very family orientated . Not anything that i expected it to be in the USA. Food was nice though but a bit expensive and the waitresses really expected a tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Nobody reads nowadays;
    We are third year students of Recreation and Leisure Management in the Cork Institute of Technology. As part of our module 'Enterprise Development,' we have been given the task of performing a feasibility study on the viability of a business venture.

We have no affiliation with the Hooters brand. This is purely for research purposes only. Thank you!

They took down their website app cause it was being posted everywhere and people are starting to believe they actually ARE coming :pac:

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Nobody reads nowadays;

They took down their website app cause it was being posted everywhere and people are starting to believe they actually ARE coming :pac:

You've upset many skanky women in Cork looking for work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Same type of place, different location.

Really I dont think Finglas made it on the list of top 10 cities in the world?
    Plus anyone in Cork who says 'howya' would be told to feic off back to the pale!
    It's 'How Arrrre Yaaaaaaaaa boi'

I see this a negative as will take away from the quaint and lovely eateries around Cork but then again who doesn't like titties!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

WindSock wrote: »
    WAIT till the double standards brigade start moaning about the position being open only to FEMALES :D

Disgraceful - I'm sure there are many male boardsies who can do the Milkshake Dance as well as any woman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Really I dont think Finglas made it on the list of top 10 cities in the world?
    Plus anyone in Cork who says 'howya' would be told to feic off back to the pale!
    It's 'How Arrrre Yaaaaaaaaa boi'

I see this a negative as will take away from the quaint and lovely eateries around Cork but then again who doesn't like titties!
    Did someone from Cork make that list?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Nobody reads nowadays;

The hotmail e-mail address was a bit of a giveaway too.

So much for a recession busting new business enterprise!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Did someone from Cork make that list?

No it was lonely planet, though if someone from Cork was to do a top ten cities in the world i'd imagine it to be quite biased.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Spoken like someone who hasn't a clue.
    The girls in the Hooters down the road from me are classy and very nice to talk to.

Not all look like this, but many do.

Kivaro wrote: »
    Spoken like someone who hasn't a clue.
    The girls in the Hooters down the road from me are classy and very nice to talk to.

Not all look like this, but many do.
    oooo errrrr, matron :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

irish girls arent hot enough to work in hooters, big tits in ireland usually comes with a spare tyre. hooters can be hit and miss, the one in san diego was class, girls were cracking, went to one in L.A and got served by the manager.........A BLOKE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

*SWOON*

You and your son are in a big disappointment, he may never speak to you again.

df1985, perhaps you may have only focused on one particular lady with big boobs, but despite its name, Hooters is not concerned with the size of breasts.

df1985 wrote: »
    irish girls arent hot enough to work in hooters, big tits in ireland usually comes with a spare tyre. hooters can be hit and miss, the one in san diego was class, girls were cracking, went to one in L.A and got served by the manager.........A BLOKE!

:pac:

bazmaiden wrote: »
    :pac:
    What Irish girls is he picking up? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

df1985 wrote: »

Knew an Irish girl who worked in one once :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

SantryRed wrote: »
    Ha, Cork.

what does this mean? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

Dean09 wrote: »
    I had never been to Hooters before until last year . I always wanted to go and last year myself and my girlfriend were in florida an I decided its now or never.
    We went in and sat down. I was waiting for some hot chick with giant boobs to serve us but no.....the one time I actually go our waitress is old, wrinkly, a hillbilly, and heavily pregnant. :mad:
    My girlfriend thought this was hilarious..............I didnt :(

I was in the one in florida... the food was crap but i still wannna work there :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A proper Cork strip joint would be called "Beores".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

"whoothurs"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

I was in one in Tenerife before. It was a nice experience, just wasn't helped by the fact that I was hungover to bits and couldn't eat much of the monster servings of food that were dished out.

The women were quite nice, I'd certainly be pro Hooters opening up here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement